HifiMan Ananda, Audeze LCD-2C or Focal Elex/Clear?

I’ve been taking my SR003MK2 out fairly often and it doesn’t seem to really draw any attention over other iem. The 003mk2 has a somewhat similar profile to the 4i/3i

Courious as to how you can so easily power them on the go. Did stax release a energizer dap that went over my radar?

I use a SRM-D10, and I’ve taken other estats outside too (that I definitely shouldn’t have)

I guess sudden downpours are no match for the #staxbro’s.

Well, I’ve taken other estats besides stax out lol…

Anyways it’s a pretty solid portable dac/amp for sure

I would love to, but there is that little thing about the price… Moving into +$2000 is quite a jump. For me at least. And if I am to spend $1000 on IEM’s then I would go for Audio64 and a new custom IEM. I have on pair already and they are by far the best IEM’s I have tried.

The i3 is the same price as the anandas (in fact, its little less) and doesn’t really need a souce other than the cipher cable. Audeze iems dont sound like iems at all (they sound like a good staging headphone), so I really wouldn’t compare them to others like you can a convetional earphone. Of course, the down side is, you cant really use them like one either, having zero isolation.

Lots of mileage in this thread, so just a bit of input:

1. Anandas are bright, big image
  2. LCD2’s - deep, relaxed type EQ - not that accurate, suction cups might bother some
  3. Clear - Like Senn HD-600’s with bass and some more detail in upper mids and treble, very neutral
2 Likes

I know what you want - Aeon Flow Open v.1/v.2.

I would not recommend the original Aeon, but the aeon 2 is great

Yes because you own them both.

I was just saying that the aeon 2 was a big leap forward in sound quality and portability, so I would recommend that one

I have found the headphone:
ZMF Aeolus

But does anyone know where to get a custom cable?
My normal cable pushers don’t seem to make them.

https://hartaudiocables.com/
Can probably make you one, you’ll have to custom order, which is relatively pain free.

1 Like

Periapt also makes cables for zmf.

2 Likes

Can PM HartAudio directly @brux

2 Likes

Thx guys!
20 characters

Well, I am tempted to pick up the Focal Elex now that they are on sale for $600. Still will cost more than that due to duties and conversion from U.S. to Canadian dollar. However, I am a little scared to pick them up based upon all of the Quality control issue I have read about. This makes me wonder about perhaps going with the Clears. However, those are quite an expensive upgrade price wise based upon what people are saying for the sound difference. Although the Quality Control seems to be much better. I am not sure if the extra cost warrants just for quality control.
What are people’s thoughts about going with the Elex over the Clears? I currently have 58Xs but would like some more detail and highs.
Thanks again for thoughts and help.

What amp are you planning on using? The clears sound a bit similar to the elex on an average amp and are only worth it if you get a really nice amp to go with them. Most people prefer the more fun signature of the elex anyway

The whole qc issue thing is rare for focal as a brand, and it seems like it was just one batch

I currently have the THX 789 which I am running balanced.