šŸ”¶ Hifiman Deva

I heard it called son of Susvara. but its 300$ lol. Susvara is 6000$ I find it hard to believe.

It sounds closer to the tier of a sundara than the susvara lol when I heard it, it is pretty decent for the price, the wireless module was flaky tbh. I would personally prefer the sundara but the deva is a good alternative if you need something wireless

Have you heard a lot of wireless headphones Mon? how does it compare to others?

Not a ton, not super interested in wireless headphones. SQ wise it is pretty great compared to other wireless offerings I have heard, but itā€™s nowhere as near as seamless as other competing solutions from like more mainstream brands

I impulse bought them a couple of nights ago and theyā€™ve already shipped with tracking from UPS telling me to expect delivery on Tuesday. Theyā€™re funky looking in a way I appreciate although I hate that made the BT module black rather than match it to the color of the cups better.

2 Likes

Curious to see what you think about it :+1:

I wonder if theyā€™ll make them available for a lower price without the bluetooth amp later on since it is a completely separate piece.

I hope they make something better with the same sytling cause that is an awesome lookiing headphone!

Well, Iā€™ve owned it since Saturdayā€¦ but havenā€™t had it in my hands or on my ears unfortunately since I had to embark an unplanned, emergency trip out of state on Friday afternoon, so all I have for now is my UPS Store notification that itā€™s waiting for me when I get back. :smiley:

2 Likes

He doesnt sound too impressed with it. Thinks he Sundara is better it seems. But he hasnt listen to it on a wired amp so wait and see.

I would tend to agree with my shot experiences with the deva as well

1 Like

I like how these look, but I think Iā€™m going to stick to the Sundara for my future HIFIMAN purchase it seems from what people are saying. I heard the Sundaras just had a silent revision off of the Headphone Show (though nothing major).

Yes mainly a pad change, a slight bump in the bass performance with more extension and a bit more impact, also more comfortable as well imo, imaging slightly improved

2 Likes

hereā€™s an interesting review.

they quite love them.

2 Likes

I was set on buying a Sundara and a Bluetooth dac/amp (UP4, BTR5 or the ES100 MKII) on the second half of the year, but now Iā€™m not sure. I want more comparisons between the Deva and the Sundara, and Iā€™m seriously in doubt now.

Can you elaborate more on the wireless connection issue(s)? Iā€™m very curious about this. Thanks!

So the Bluetooth wasnā€™t the most intuitive thing in the world but once I looked at how to do it I had no issues. Range was also not an issue, pretty decent range, although I did have some times where it just randomly dropped out but it could be because of the show. Sound was pretty good wireless but I did prefer wired. I do think that it was solid and my gripes were minimal for the Bluetooth usability wise, but I think the amp inside the Bluetooth module was a bit lackluster, I think if they implemented something a bit higher quality with more power it could be really nice. Sonically I preferred the sundara (from very short listening, again I didnā€™t get much time with the deva), as imo itā€™s a more refined and technically capable headphone, but that being said if you are in the market for something wireless I would consider the Deva, but for me to actually give a statement of if I would rec it or not I would want more time with it of course

1 Like

Thanks @M0N! Intuitiveness seems like a common issue with Bluetooth pairing process specially for company that just started meddling with it. Iā€™m not in the market for wireless cans personally but rather curious about the separate BT piece. That thing is 4x more expensive than the standard built-in module (inquired from multiple suppliers in China). As for the power and battery life, it is more powerful than built-in type but they canā€™t do much on the battery life part because of the shape of the module unless weā€™re going to put a custom battery design/shape. Then again, if we do that then weight is going to be the issue. Most wireless unit have the built in battery on 1 side then the dac/amp combo on the other side thus itā€™s fairly balanced but itā€™s a lot more difficult to implement with separate module design. I canā€™t imagine wearing a headphone with one side much heavier than the other :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @M0N for the opinion, itā€™s a nice way to have a general idea.
@Audio_Prom One way I could see to improve either power or battery life (maybe both) is using two modules, with a 2x 3.5mm like the Sundara. Now I know this is easier said than done, but given all the TWS are currently working in this ways, there are quite a number of solutions on the market for this. The point is how much you save having 1 tuner per battery, and how effectively this help with the amplifier. There is also the point if having to plug 2 modules getā€™s in the way of usability.

Still, even if I end up not buying the Deva, I think Hifimanā€™s idea is pretty neat. I really look forward to see what they bring up in future headphones.

2 Likes