đŸ”¶ Hifiman Edition XS

Ya i just did the same thing right after i ordered my Xs :slight_smile:
Dont get me wrong im all for well crafted small business (like Hart Audio or Dekoni) but the shipping costs from are insane, 30$ min for an item that weights less than a 1 Kg and can fit in a large envelop, to me is just ludicrous

Yeh learned my lesson with the beyer elite hybrids I had to import from Japan and then hated lol, ended up prefering ones I got for $10 from aliexpress

Which feneatrated pads from aliexpress are recommandable for the xs?

Do check these out.

Ntraxmoddesign on Facebook.

7 Likes

biggg pads yes plz

2 Likes

Your pads look really awesome but paying 30% - 50% of the XS price for pads only is a hard pill to swallow, especially when the last comments are about how pricy the dekoni pads already are and what aliexpress alternatives exist. More like something for Arya or HE1000 owners I guess.

3 Likes

Best pads I’ve ever owned though and I have like at least 90 pairs of miscellaneous pads. Non angled pads on Hifiman egg cans is so good.

2 Likes

I meant no obligation. Just an options for you guys out there. For those want a lasting and quality can look me anytime. Cheers man. :+1:t2:

3 Likes

I can agree with you on that. Though I do have some clients willing to splash that because they just can’t bear the XS stock pads, and would like to personalize their on configuration pads, makes it very special to them for now.

2 Likes

Yeh the whole expensive pad thing is a hard pill to swallow considering I got a giant collection of pads from various sources and for various headphones by now and I’d say I have like 30% success rate of liking both sound and comfort, it’s all about trying a lot of options to see which one you like so
 paying the price of a brand new par of hps for the experiment is kinda iffy to me, but I do get the whole premium product thing.

2 Likes

Most important you guys are reasonable and understanding than those at headfi forum. Without any reason and trying I got condemned by them, ofcoz there are still nice ppl there.

4 Likes

Yeah I kinda found the right combo with pads I like with hifimans on the circle cans so I translated that over to the custom pairs I got from @NtraXMod for my HE1000se and XS and they’re everything I hoped they’d be and more. Comfort is significantly improved and imaging is more focused while also giving a lot more bass feel that really adds to realism and immersion. Couldn’t be happier with them and they feel so thick that I know they’ll last a long long time.

1 Like

Gon Holla 'gain

Just get the $20 stickon sheepskin from AE y’all.
Tried and tested. They’re perfect!

3 Likes

Really glad it went well for you. So far it’s been quite positive overall. Surely there are drawbacks, nothing is perfect especially in sound.

Only can Hope it stays great condition for long. Cheers.

Holy shite!
I just stumbled upon perforated sheepskin pads
 With stock mounting!! @$20

US $11.46 40%OFF | Sheepskin Replacement Earpads for HIFIMAN EDITION X XS ANANDA HE1000SE ARYA Headphone Ear Pads Soft Foam Cushion

I think I’ll grab this one with my coming paycheck.

Yeah, this is pretty much nonsense. Why wouldn’t I just buy the Ananda? Or save a little more and get the Arya? That was the track I was on but then gave into the hype train and snagged the XS for $437.00 delivered. Turns out that was a good move. But I’m not doing this. They are good as is.

Got em, bought velvet and perforated sheepskin, the store I usually buy my pads from had those same ones at like double price, see you in a month or something with impressions, hopefully the mounts actually fit lol

1 Like

@ragecandy Yeah hopefully the pads will fit right lol. See you in 20 as well. I usually get things here faster.

I also bought the sheepskin perforated pads. Shipping was today. Lets see how long the shipping to europe will be. I also hope, that the mount system fits and the sound will improve. So fingers crossed

Got my pair today (Slightly used from Amazon), sat down for about an hour to listen to them, so far very impressed though i did expect a little more sound stage from a planar this size, though ill wait and see once i get the additional pads i ordered.

Another thing i didnt expect is that i prefer them on a warmer amp unlike my Sundara. Tried them on my Topping A50s + E30, it sounded a bit “muted” to me, moving to my IFI zen Can + Dac, way more energetic even without Xbass or 3D audio.

Currently burning them in a bit, but so far i think its a keeper

P.S nice to see a none shitty cable from Hifiman though i always prefer my Hart audio cable

6 Likes