šŸ”¶ Hifiman Edition XS

when hifiman releases in china first, then elsewhere later, what is the pricing usually like globally? Similar to the chinese pricing + VAT or whatever?

It seems like thereā€™s a big dip somewhere in the mids. It doesnā€™t bother me with most music, but every once in a while Iā€™ll hear a track or an album that makes it extremely obvious. Maybe EQ would help, if you knew which frequencies were lacking.

What other headphones do you typically listen to?

There is a dip, yes. I felt that too. I just bear with it.
Mids not itā€™s strong point here with the XS.

why do you have 3 he6se LOL

Ones a gift for someone and one is a backup lol. Opened the extras to check for any QC issues but thatā€™s it

1 Like

aliexpress coupons for upcoming Black Friday sales,
admitadBF30 = US$30 off US$250 spend

2 Likes

Mine came in from AliExpress.

Ordered on 10/29.
Received on 11/18.

Not good at write ups for headphones so Iā€™m not going to do one. But I did get mine from AliExpress for anyone concerned.

Hereā€™s the link I ordered from.

4 Likes

i notice theyā€™re plugged in. any initial impressions?

Did you order all 3 brand new? And are they all perfect?

yup and yup. i even opened them up and checked the drivers.

I just got them probably 15 minutes before posting that picture so Iā€™ve only listened to a few songs. New to hifiman and open backs so thereā€™s definitely a lot to take in right now haha.

But just a few things I noticed:

• More bass than I expected considering what Iā€™ve heard about hifiman but I wouldnā€™t say theyā€™re bass cannons.

• They feel comfortable right now but Iā€™ll have to see how they are long term. I can see the headbands bugging the top of my head eventually but weā€™ll see. Clamping feels fine.

• Overall I think they sound really good. But I donā€™t have much to compare them to as I usually use IEMs.

I donā€™t want to say too much since I donā€™t want to give any false impressions but Iā€™m liking them so far. I forgot to order a balanced cable so Iā€™ll have to grab one eventually too.

4 Likes

i suspect the bass extension is at least flat like he1000se or edition x v2 but sometimes i feel like i hear a lift in the bass like the he1000 v2 cause it digs pretty deep where a lot of headphones donā€™t

1 Like

Howā€™s the edition xs compared to the he6se v2? I currently have the he6se v2 on singxer sa1 and Iā€™ve been wanting to try the egg-shaped hifiman for the bigger stage. Iā€™m also curious how edition xs would compare against the Arya or even hek. I mainly listen to orchestral, anime, pop and some edm music.

compare against the Arya or even hek. I mainly listen to orchestral

Interested in this also

very similar to the arya in a lot of ways but with a much more natural timbre and the bass seems more present which gives off a nice feeling of immersion.

1 Like

I see, what about he6sev2? Also curious about soundstage size and depth and imaging as well, between Arya, edition xs and he6se v2

arya has a massive stage that often seems a bit exaggerated which can be cool and impressive sometimes but annoying sometimes as well and the imaging is fantastic. edition xs stage size is really close to as big but never seeming exaggerated, in fact, iā€™d say it might be the most accurate and linear stage iā€™ve ever heard when it comes to width and depth and the imaging is just about flawless making things extremely accurately placed. he6se v2 has a smaller stage that isnā€™t tiny, it just isnā€™t hifiman egg can massive. imaging is pretty much flawless on the he6 throughout as well, but that laser precision gives a noticeable edge to the stage size and you can really hear where it cuts off. he6 isnā€™t a soundstage monster.

arya and XS have very good soundstage height as well but the he6 falls a little short on height.

Oh and the XS has very good rear imaging as well.

2 Likes

Wow now Iā€™m really interested in the edition xs Xd
Would you say they all have the same speed, clarity and details? If not, whatā€™s the order?

For a lot of music I think Iā€™d prefer the XS with the he6 coming in second when what Iā€™m listening to is more bass focused and stage doesnā€™t matter. I donā€™t own the Arya anymore because it had a bit of a tinny timbre and
was a bit sibilant at times but Iā€™ll be keeping the XS probably forever.