🔶 Hifiman HE-X4

This is the official thread for the Hifiman HE-X4

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Type: Over Ear
  • Amp needed: Yes
  • Open Back

:red_circle: Drop Link

[Reviews]

Z Reviews…

has anyone heard these yet?

I have them. According to Resolve, they sound nearly identical to the HE400se (which I haven’t heard).

I’ll post some impressions later. Short summary is they’re a more neutral and brighter version of the HE-4XX.

1 Like

interesting…cause the 4xx aren’t very bassy to begin with.

I do know I like HFM house sound more than Audeze’s.

The level of bass is similar. The 4XX is actually somewhat dark. So the X4 sounds relatively bright

Let’s just copy and paste impressions from the he400se thread

I’m surprised to see there’s no interest in these. Personally I much prefer the look and comfort of these over the 400se. The construction is visually the same as the 4XX. But cup material is less dense and yoke sliders are looser fitting. So the 4XX has the better build (unless it got a silent update I’m not aware of). But for $130, I’d say the build is still definitely above average.

I won’t spend much time on sound since they’re practically the same as the 400se. But overall I found them to be bright-leaning neutral with a small bass bump—and to be a pretty good all-rounder. It’s strongest point was it’s detailed midrange. While it’s loose bass was a relative weak point. But for the price, you really can’t complain.

So come to the conclusion that hifiman lower end is more my sound sig then the upper range. I bought these for my daughter but they are not comfortable for her so I gave her my HD6xx.

1 Like

Or give her the elites :joy: