HIFIMAN HE4XX Appreciation Post

I just ordered a set, hopefully they live up to the hype…lol

Definitely one of my favorites in the collection. Such a fun headphone to me, and super comfortable.

2 Likes

Nice! What cable is that on the Hifiman?

1 Like

Thanks! It’s a custom color version of this cable

Brux…I’m curious. of those cables, how many standard to hardware do you sell? which is most popular?

1 Like

I’d have to go look to get the exact numbers but I think about 80% of our split designs going out are with the standard Y-Split.

1 Like

btw they’re $130 on drop right now… i might buy another pair lmao…

Drop has the Dekoni pads available. Thinking of making a swap for something more comfortable. What’s the popular choice in this group for replacement pads?

I have my pair rocking ZMF Ori perforated lambskin. Excellent combo. I’ve also heard non-perf Ori is also good.

I would recommend doing the foam mod to lift the pads farther away from the driver if you go with the perf ori pads tho.

1 Like

is there a reddit thread anywhere talking about mod’s to the 4xx?

1 Like

I’ve used Brainwavz angled pleather, xl perforated, and currently using the Dekoni hybrids that shipped with the Blues. Perforated had the best soundstage, Dekoni is the most comfortable.

My HE4XX came in today. Just giving them a listen now. First thoughts is something is wrong. Listen to Fade to black (remastered) by metallic… Sounds like I’m in a hollow tunnel, had to check and make sure the DTS surround was off… maybe I have a connection loose or something

1 Like

Are you having the same issue with other tracks? Also where are you playing it from source wise? And what amp?

I’m about to try some other track. I tried seven nation army by the white strips to see it they would produce the bass. I think as a package ( the sound as a whole) the kph30i sounded better.

path Amazon Music HD on windows 10 usb >Schiit Modi 3 > Liquid Spark> HE4XX

Also worth nothing one of the adjusters slides automatically. Like when you put the head phones on the left side goes all the way down. The right side adjuster stays put as I think it is supposed too. I can live with that. I Read where one person had paper and glue stuck under the grill. I need to figure out how to remove them and checK

Very strange as you should have no problems with the amp and dac. You might want to listen to them for a day or two and see if you feel that there is still something wrong.

Also I forgot to say great picture :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks, I was taking photos for the review on TLRtechnology.com. I’m going to burn them in and see if the sound changes. I notice on a few of my headphones the sound pretty bad when I first started to use them. I only played them for about 15 minutes so far. I’m going to go play with them in a few minutes.

1 Like

How do you remove the plastic cover to tighten just? I just got mine and one side is super loose.

I already ordered the Dekoni pads (sheepskin) wanna get some more bass out of them and the stock ear pads aren’t too comfortable. I’m still looking for a good cable for them. The one site linked here only had 2.5mm dual mono, but mine are 3.5mm and I’m trying to decide if balanced is worth it for these since I have balanced Argon on order.

I would say it would depend on the amp you have if you want to go balanced

I have a 789 on order, my thing is do the HE4xx need the power, unlike something like T50rp or HD650 (both of which I own).