šŸ”¶ Hifiman HE4XX

Does anyone know if the ZMF pilot pad will fit the 4XX? Itā€™s not a very long headband and the metal sliders might be in the way. Iā€™ve just got a bit of cloth wrapped round it now.

Just noticed that Drop are selling these on amazon for 180$ on the Drop website its still 130$ i wonder why?

Must be a little too much overstock on Hifimanā€™s end lmao
Either way, it is strange how theyā€™re selling it on amazon with a higher markup, but then again this wouldnā€™t be their first time. The Edition XX is on Amazon for ~ $640

Drop isnā€™t actually the one selling them.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B07YBWT8PK/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all

Not sure where that post is from this is the official drop post:

Amazon labels the manufacturer, not the seller on the main page, if you look just above the description or just below the Buy Now button it says " Sold by Kaviso and Fulfilled by Amazon". The link I gave was just the New & Used page for the one you linked.

Yeah but they are authorized by Drop:

ā€œKaviso is a brand partner in the electronics and outdoor industry which utilizes data-backed, tailor-made strategies, to maximize brands potential. Our seller central account is an authorized seller of exclusive products and brands such as Drop (formerly Massdrop), beyerdynamic, and Hifiman.ā€

And the link underneath the title leads to a Massdrop product page. where they are listed for that price

Itā€™s most likely more expensive on Amazon to drive direct sales on the massdrop website and give people a reason to sign up

1 Like

Itā€™s more likely that theyā€™re just selling stuff to certain resellers at or near retail and the resellers are banking on the greater exposure of Amazon to justify the price increase. I donā€™t think a 5% price increase is going to have people stampeding to drop.com, especially when thereā€™s no indication there that Drop even has their own store.

Wow i didnt notice that. like all their headphones are more expensive on Amazon

Tried a software EQ to add some extra low end to these, and honestly I didnā€™t really like the result. Maybe Iā€™m far too used to the original signature since it sounded far too off, as if I knocked emā€™ off balance. I donā€™t think I added that much in the low end to begin with either. How odd.

2 Likes

Kinda puts into question what Iā€™m actually looking for with other headphones lol

I guess what Iā€™m looking for is a more refined 4xx?
But then thatā€™d seemingly lead me to Sundaras, or something like that, but on all other accounts Iā€™m beginning to think that I might be satisfied with these alone. Itā€™s been an odd past couple of weeks thatā€™s for sure lmao. Suppose these cans are way too good for their price range.

Thatā€™s something I came to terms with a while ago pretty satisfied where i am. Maybe try playing with pad rolling

Can i ask what amp youā€™re using?

My amp is a Asgard 3, though I doubt thatā€™s really doing much of anything with the sound.

Nice ampā€¦ that should certainly give you the full potential of the 4xx :+1:ā€¦ just making sure an amp upgrade wasnt an option

1 Like

I have it to, and was dispointet about this Headphone.
When put it on and the Music run,i have the Feeling the Soundstage are completly damped.
Not beautiful open,bright and wide Soundstage.
I donĀ“t know maybe with other Pads are better with Lampskin.But some cost a forturne only for a try.

I try to sell my Hifiman.
Personally i canĀ“t understand he become so good reviews.

1 Like

Interestingā€¦ not my experience at allā€¦ I thought the soundstage was very wide and highs were really decent but yeah not the brightest but I enjoyed them alot

1 Like

Amp weirdness or bum pair?

2 Likes

both are possible, because itā€™s not my expirience at all either. itā€™s very open, bright and pretty dang wide soundstage. tbh it might be a bad pair, considering their QC issues too