šŸ”¶ Hifiman HE6SE

Does anyone try the G111 with the He6se v2?

If I remember correctly, @CT007 has that combo and I feel like I remember him being underwhelmed. Havenā€™t tried it myself but the lake people stuff is more reference without coming off as sterile like some of the measurement chasing amps like topping and smsl

1 Like

I have the G111. I just want to make sure it has enough power to drive them. I know I need another or powerful amp. I just want a little glimpse and see if it worth it :slightly_smiling_face:

For reference my favorite headphone amp Iā€™ve found so far is the soloist and it only has 3 watts at 50ohm class a so itā€™s not crazy powerful. I think the g111 should power them ok but a little lacking in character.

1 Like

This is what Iā€™m using on my HE6se after lots of pad rolling.

1 Like

@Pokrog you were pretty tough on me preferring my A90. I was actually shocked.

I do appreciate your passion for the soloist and have seriously considered it in the future solely on the basis of your passion for it.

But Iā€™m afraid my need for the A90 will remain because of my huge collection of IEMs.

We all have different needs and have different viewpoints. Maybe just try to be a little more respectful of others that have a different perspective. I know it can be difficult when youā€™re so passionate about certain things.

Peace!

1 Like

I hope you didnā€™t take it too seriously, I promise im extremely easy going. Oh also an update with the super charger: dropped the noise level on the soloist to drastically lower than the a90 fyi and brought out the dynamics significantly.

1 Like

Budget option, Iā€™m driving them nicely on A30 pro, but I can feel that they can scale even better with better amp. Im limiting myself to only one amp (maybe 2, one solid state and one tube) and one dac, so I canā€™t compare.

fyi I think you also bought the he6se v2 recently too, I called adorama and got a price adjustment for the difference of 650 ā†’ 599 haha

2 Likes

Mine are scheduled to arrive on Monday. Fingers crossed! :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Omg! You serious? I got it a month ago. When did you get yours? And what did you say to them? As Iā€™m not located in US, so Iā€™m not sure if just an email will suffice or I should make the international call.

I currently have the G111 and should have my HE6SEV2 soon. I can test and compare with the Jot 2. Iā€™ll post once it arrives.

2 Likes

Well mine was still in the 30 day return window so they granted me price adjustment. I find calling better, I emailed them and didnā€™t get a response.

So they refunded the $50 or issued store credit? I think itā€™s gonna be difficult for my case since Iā€™ve exceeded the 30 days period. No harm trying I guess, Iā€™ll drop them an email. Donā€™t wanna incur extra cost with the international call when my chances ainā€™t good. Itā€™ll be a shame if Iā€™m not able to have my price adjusted, but Iā€™m fine with it either way since adorama has been great to me so far. Thanks for sharing anyway!

Psyched for you. They have been end-game for me (for my budget). All the little satellite headphones I owned have been sold. Unlistenable now. Canā€™t wait to hear if they are good on the ifi.

I copied Nick_Mimiā€™s setup and am using them with the ADCOM GFA-555 II ($500 on ebay). A/Bā€™d against the Jot 2 and while the Jot 2 had its merits, it wasnā€™t really close.

Keep us posted!

1 Like

I paid my border fees yesterday and FedEx said today that it is being delivered tomorrow as scheduled.

I am spending like two hours cleaning the car tomorrow and hopefully they are here after that.

Pretty excited about hearing them stock and then look at grills and pads. Also, I am Very curious to compare them against the M1570ā€™s on the Pro iCAN.

3 Likes

I also own the M1570, I am curious to hear/read your comparison.

This amp and the M1570ā€™s are an incredible combo. I know the HE6se V2 will suck up all the power this amp can give, which is considerable, but I hope there is a great synergy between them.

Listening to the M1570ā€™s on this amp is like listening to speakers. I am super curious about the newbies.

Adorama has responded to my email. Apparently they have a 30 days price protection

Thus youā€™re able to get your price adjusted. Well IMO thatā€™s fair since mine has already exceeded the 30 days period. On top of that Iā€™ve been very grateful to Adorama for their assistance in figuring out some warranty coverage details with Hifiman. So itā€™s been an extremely pleasant experience dealing with Adorama!

1 Like

Got my new set a while ago!

Starting off with my Liquid Platinum. It is a little past 3:00! Of course Steely Dan is pretty chill music.

PS: EVERY company should include an XLR cable with 1/4" option. Except for portable closed backs of course. I use the HAC systen, but that is a really nice option.

Update: I had to push the volume closer to 2:00 as 3:00 was a bit too loud.

Final Monday notes. I really liked these on the LP. Nice sound. The LP puts out 4.21W at 56 Ohms. They certainly did not ā€œfeelā€ underpowered.

The V220, in high gain, puts out 2.7W at 50 Ohms. Try this out tomorrow afternoon.

15 Likes