šŸ”¶ HiFiMan Sundara

Pretty sure they are different, and the newer pads are different from the older sundara pads as well

Yeah looking again theyā€™re similar but differentā€¦ perforated vs not

I was just about to share this heh. More bass extension, more bass/kick slam, treble peaks are gone, and the angled pads also compensate for the lack of swivel?

Well, shit. Lol.

Yeah the sundara sounds more and more appealing all the time

1 Like

Both Joshua and ā€œResolveā€ saying thatā€™s the best ā€œall-aroundā€ you can get in hi-fi for cheap, basically.

Bites fist

Lolā€¦sorry I guess?

1 Like

damn i wanna buy these again since its been revised, but how do you know youre getting the revision?

1 Like

Theyā€™re on my short short list as wellā€¦ just a tad worried about the highs

I personally wouldnā€™t be worried about it, but if you donā€™t like treble whatsoever then perhaps it isnā€™t the best choice lol

I think the x00 and 770 have me on high alert for treble atm lolā€¦ Iā€™m sure itll be fine

Ah the sundara has smoother treble than both, but it still is a brighter signature

2 Likes

Iā€™m trying to find my line and hoping the sundara is just right ā€¦ Iā€™m getting ahead of myself thoughā€¦ nighthawks are coming

Curious to see what you think of those lol

1 Like

Iā€™ll let you know 150 hrs after I get them lol

The silent revision is making me want to buy the Sundara for a 2nd time. My first pair the headband strap and right gimbal snapped. But they sounded good thenā€¦so if they are better nowā€¦ hmmmm?

2 Likes

I remember upgrading from the hd600 well you can imagine, my eyes popped out of my head. then later i upgraded from those to the Aviaā€™s. and again eye pop. since then ive been chasing that high /sigh

I actually like the ananda more than the sundaraā€¦but the price difference is too much considering how similar they are.

yeah the ananda looks great. and the presentation is awesome. that big driver. but the treble is so high on it and the midrange so recessed i really didnt like it. Thats why i want the Arya.

Ananda has the same frequency response as Sundara, but better bass and the treble is more even. The Arya on the other hand is treble murder.