šŸ”¶ HiFiMan Sundara

Thanks man!

I didnt know about those L30 issues, will test it when it arrive from Aliexpress.

Also, i will keep the sundara and if i dont like it i will sell it here, should be easy.

So, my Sundara from Headphones.com came today and guess what, it came with a faulty cable, making the headphone constantly fail. Guess i should have gone with the HD560s after all.

You can just get a new cable from Hifiman right? Iā€™m sure if you send them a mail theyā€™ll send you a new cable. From what I understand the Sundara is quite a bit better than the HD560s

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t downgrade headphones for a faulty cabale. Either contact hifiman or headphones.com

1 Like

Will try this. The problem is iā€™m outside US. So, another 1-2 months for the cable to arrive =(

@Slazyel I understand your frustration, especially having the Sundaras and yet not being able to use them! As a Sundara owner and fan I encourage you to hang in there, as they are a great headphone especially when given adequate power. Perhaps you can find another cable more locally until you get a replacement. (3.5mm matching of course.) Good luck.

1 Like

And if you contact the seller? Maybe they can send you a new one and then handle it with Hifiman so you donā€™t have to wait so long. Otherwise buying a cheap cable locally like suggested earlier might alleviate the wait for a new cable from Hifiman directly.

1 Like

Why cheap? The base Sundara cable isnā€™t that amazing anyway :stuck_out_tongue: Forced upgrade, true, but still an upgrade if you want it to be? The cheap oen youā€™d just toss away aftwards antway

Yeah when I bought my Sundara my cable broke 2 weeks after. Local dealership did not want to replace it despite 1 month of local warranty, stated cables arenā€™t included lol.

Now I see why reviewers keep on recommending a cable upgrade. It isnā€™t just because of the weird feeling cable, because it is also absolutely garbage and breakable.

Nevermind the notion of needing to buy an amp and dac, it isnā€™t a must but will be a good upgrade to have in the future. A cable upgrade is a MUST when buying a Sundara. And at least when you upgrade to either Ananda or Arya in the future then you could still use it.

Modular headphone cables are the greatest thing ever (Iā€™ve been using Hart Audio, but Iā€™m sure there are other great options). So much easier to keep the cans tidy in storage if thereā€™s only a 18" lead from each. Also makes AB testing way faster & easier. 100% recommended.

Any cable recomandations for Europeans not interested in paying 30% extra? :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™m a Yankee, so no direct experience, but hereā€™s a link of folks discussing EU options for modular cables:

Also, they donā€™t look crazy hard to DIY.

So, i contacted headphones.com and had the worst customer support i ever had in my entire life. They want me to send the damaged cable back to them, so they will contact hifiman to send me a new cable after they receive the damaged one, as they dont have a replacement cable. It would be 1-2 months for my cable to arrive there plus 1-2 months for the new cable to arrive to me. Plus i have the chance to be taxed for the cable.

Not only that, but they want me to PAY for the shipping of the damaged cable. I live in Brazil, for me to send a package to US would cost easily $60, more than the value of the cable.

So, thatā€™s it. If you donā€™t live in US. Donā€™t buy at headphones.com, never!

Will try to contact Hifiman and see what they can do.

Update: Taron from Headphones.com contacted me via email and is working with me to resolve my issue. I will update this post when the new piece arrive. For now, thumbs up for trying to solve the issue.

2 Likes

What the hellā€¦ Yeah thatā€™s basically the worst they can do and actually get away with. At that point you might as well buy an aftermarket cable to be honestā€¦

I would need to buy one from Aliexpress, honestly.

Would you suggest any being sold there?

Iā€™m afraid I have no experience with any headphone cables, sorry. I will be watching for the answers since I might want to pick up an aftermarket cable for my HE400i at some point.

I remember FBizzle had a terrible experience with them too. Smh

1 Like

Thatā€™s a sad thing to hear. Iā€™ve seen some good experiences of people with them and my conversations with them were easy. But then again there was no warranty involved.

For my Focal Elegia I used Potayu cables from Aliexpress with dual 2.5mm, and resoldered them into 3.5mm jacks. Troublesome but I liked the end result.

A possibility you can try is contacting Kuba Audio and buying their Disco replacement cable for R$90. The jack was a little short for my Elegia but is shouldnā€™t be a problem for the Sundara, as they are flush on the headphone from what Iā€™ve seen.

Iā€™m not home right now, when I get there I will try to find more info and contact you.

1 Like

Iā€™ll just sit over here using my stock Sundara cable with no complaints. I mean itā€™s not gonna win cable of the year IMO, but I didnā€™t get it and within a week go ā€œOMG, the fact they send it with this cable is almost a human rights violation.ā€ OTOH, I have no experience with aftermarket cables, and own 8 headphones and about 6 pairs of IEMs. I do know enough to say the cables that come with the R2 Aten are fuckinā€™ nice, though.

1 Like

I bought my sundaraā€™s cable in aliexpress, from a seller called audio accesary, the cable came with a minor cosmetic blemish, but its a good cable for the price. Would recommend their products, but I donā€™t know if their shipping to brazil will be as good.

Edit: back in the day I also bought a cable for HE400i which is the same doble 3.5mm from NEOMUSICIA in amazon, would recommend even more.

1 Like