Higher end speakers/10' sub

If you’re looking for better and still compact, definitely look at iLoud, otherwise you’re going to be moving into something not as compact.

When I went down the rabbit hole on my desk setup I got a pair of Adam Audio T5Vs and a T10S sub, but that might be less compact than you’d like and definitely on the higher end of your budget:

The display goes out on my smsl SA300. Im not the only one reporting the problem.

With that said the volume the SA300 is ample at a desk for alot of cheap speakers.

The 3010i’s are a good cheap and compact speaker but they’re in no way bass monsters. I got mine to use in a second system and added one of Q Acoustics 7000 subs that was a leftover from an old home cinema system. Smaller monitors will never produce big bass and using a sub with them can sound a bit odd as the sub needs to handle much of the bass that the smaller woofers can’t reproduce, this really isn’t what they’re intended for. I put up with what I have as it’s a second system but would be unhappy with it as a main. REL subs were mentioned above and I’ll second this, I have a stereo pair in my main system and find them fantastic, they add soundstage as well as low bass and slam. Look at some guides on sub tuning, if you get it wrong it’s awful and reeally easy to make mistakes.

2 Likes

Take a look at the Vanatoo T0 if you have limited space.

That is very helpful to know and if that’s the case I might stick to the jbl 104b or the jbl 306p and get a sub with speaker amp to power those.

Might be able to fit the jbl 306p if I get sound rise stands. However that would put me at 350 dollars for both 306p speaker so at that point it might e better price wise to get the 3020i with sound risers.

Just out of curiosity, in what country?
They usually cost ~400$ per pair of speakers, both speakers.
~200$ per speaker.

USD, currently for the 6’’ they cost 177 for just one speaker. oops, meant to add that it would cost 350 for both together but that would still cost more right now then the 3020i that are on sale for 260 USD.

Would it be true that most of the Q acoustic line up that their speakers are considered a more laid back warm sound, and not really fast pace so that certain genra’s of say metal may not perform well on the 3020i. And if so would it just be better to spend the 350 for pair of 306p jbl or go for the 3020i on sale?

I was checking out the Adam T5v as something more reasonable for the price and size given my limited space.

2 Likes

Audio Research Corporation I/50 Integrated Tube Amplifier and REL Stereo T/9x Subwoofers Sound DEMO!!

2 Likes

Those are very nice

1 Like

Check Edifier & Swan if nobody has mentioned it. They both make powered speakers you could use on a desk without a sub if you want to pay their price. Edifier also makes a few 2.1 systems.

I already decided to go for T5V and just recently got the T10S sub to go with them. So far they preform very well for the price to performance ratio. The one thing I really enjoy from Adam is the bright sound signature of the T5V, only complaint is that they are a little weak on power, and I wish the bright treble was a bit smoother on the frequency response.

Thats kinda the U-ART ribbon tweeter doing its thing.
You could try changing the HF adjustment to -2db or some other EQ application.

1 Like