How much does appearance affect your opinion of a headphone?

Outside i usually go for in-ears, or something small like my Jabra Move (not great looking, but pretty bland and dont attract any attention - and thats a good thing imo… )

Yeah lol, I’m not here to call attention. I don’t like wearing focal headphones in public lol

Didn’t Zeos take his Diana v2’s out on the street and no one noticed?.. no fucks given by the public surely that’s like Vacheron v’s a Rolex…class goes unnoticed :wink:

Well I mean the Diana don’t really stand out imo, but if it took my phi tc I might get some stares

For sure lol…

Welp now I can take the shang portable so I might try that

1 Like

Channel imbalance for some people, yeah, mine didn’t have that. I didn’t take the time to compare them to anything until very recently - too busy enjoying music through them. :slight_smile: Versus the 400i they have more bass impact and more stage depth. Detail I suspect is the same but I can’t hear it on the Verum because of the quieter treble. Might compare again if I get thinner pads or take the time to create a good EQ curve.

2 Likes

I seriously saw a review of the Dianas in which someone said “what I like about these is you can walk around and they’re not flashy so you don’t get noticed”.

I picked Ananda over Edition XX because of looks. Turns out I made the right choice based on my preferences, but I could have saved $250 for something very similar

Lol well that’s good that you ended up liking the sound more

These from D&G are sick.

That’s just going to be the stellia v2

1 Like

Lol…

Also, I want these just for the look… and for laughs.

1 Like

OMG i want those so bad

so i can sell them and use the money to buy all the headphones i want

I’m of two minds about look.
1 I dont give a crap so long as I like the sound at home.
2 but maintaining a low profile is important for travel because if i had to choose between my stellias and my portapros, the porta pros make me look like less of a jackass on the subway.

I’ve seen folks walking about Toronto in big audiophile headphones and they either look like bewildered time travellers from the future who don’t understand cars as he wanders out into traffic while looking at tidal on his phone. Or he has a multimillion dollar trust fund.

it bugs me how much STAX charges for their stuff. Its like if youre gonna charge me 1400$ for a pair of L700’s shouldnt they be built all in metal? like copper or brass, or at least gunmetal? with top quality ear pads and headbands? detachable cables? what they give for how much they charge is a disgrace.

Yeah well they’re the only ones doing electrostatic headphones (except the Koss 950/95X), and maybe some rare others… Zero competition, so they can get away with everything.

As Zeos said, we need like, 10 “Stax”, 10 electrostat brands.

Yes! this!

20 character limit

100$ Chi-fi estats for 2020! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like