I am currently looking for a budget bluetooth portable DAC/AMP

This topic might have existed already at some form back then, but I am currently in need of an assistance when it comes to this. Recently, my original Shanling UP4 has decided to bite the dust for the volume knob of it doesn’t do jack shit anymore, and I cannot even turn it on when I am pressing the volume knob. Also it’s not helping much when the overall glass parts of my UP4s are now shattered, and I admit it fell from my hands a couple of times.

So right now I am currently looking for a replacement for it and I know it’s going to be quite tough since I am not that well-versed when it comes to portable bluetooth dacs, and most of the so called “budget-range” like the likes of the ifi GO BLU, is way off for my budget, meaning I cannot get it right now.

Fiio BTR3K is a no go for I had faced issues with it and to be quite frankly I am already sick of their shit, meaning I am avoiding them unless they fix their bullshit. And the Qudelix Q5K here? it’s whether non-existent or too fucking expensive for some damn reason for the price here.

So yes please, I need help with this and any suggestions would be appreciated from you cool folks here. Thank you for the upcoming assistance.

1 Like

Never mind guys I have caved in with the Muse Hifi M4 Portable DAC AMP and I have decided to give it a try. I am just going to be real with this one, I don’t have a clue about Muse Hifi in general and this is actually my first time ordering an item from them, especially their BT DAC. I was going to go for the Shanling UP4 2022 originally so I could save up some more money, but instead yeah I’ve decided to go for the M4s.

I hope it’s going to be solid and at least will last longer than my broken original UP4. Though feel free to still leave some suggestions, just in case I’d change my mind, or if the item that I ordered got to my doorstep and it wasn’t the right BT DAC for me, I would file it for a return.

3 Likes

Qudelix 5K. Great features and functionality for the price. A proven product, popular in the marketplace.

2 Likes

If only it is easy to get a Qudelix 5K here in my place which is not really that easy here for some reason, also apparently there are some but the prices are too inflated for me to even get. Plus, I have decided with the Muse Hifi M4 instead, and I am hoping it would be a decent one since apparently it is a flagship portable bluetooth DAC/AMP from them. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

2 Likes

I think you made a smart move. My top 3 picks are the BTR5, Qudelix 5K, and Muse Hifi M4. The M4 having all three sizes and more power than the other two makes it worth the extra $10-20, plus it might be the coolest looking of the three.

I would be curious to hear your review on it. I have tried the 5K, and own the BTR5, but have been thinking about getting the M4.

Man hearing that from you is so assuring man. Also it’s kind of sucks and funny at the same time when I was able to find my lost Fiio BTR3K recently, for I thought it’s long lost after like 3 years have passed and didn’t even bother looking for it again. I am using it again for now but I don’t think it’s going to stick for long once I received the M4, not sure though. Probably will sell it or use it as a backup just in case something happens.

1 Like

Same boat as you @K4sh1ma , im just waiting for mine to arrive to give out first impression.
The only downside is that it doesnt have a clip like the other 2 (so far i havent found a case for it)

1 Like

Yeah that’s got to be a trade off that I can at least tolerate if the overall sounds and results that we want from the M4s have met within our preference. I am not saying expectations since nowadays, it’s much safer to have a lower set of those expectations or at least have a tempered view, for the feeling of disappointment is too real for me when those said expectations are not being met. Hope it is good, and hopefully can last longer than my poor UP4.

1 Like

Drop has been selling Qudelix 5K for $89. It depends on where you live but it will likely be cheaper than buying a Q5K from the Qudelix official site.

I don’t own a Muse Hifi M4, but according to some Japanese forum posts, the 2.5mm output has a swapped channel issue, which you can tell by looking at the PCB.

1 Like

Yeah thanks for that suggestion but I already have the Muse Hifi M4 now, turns out it was a good decision that I have made even though it’s a bit big for the so called portability. But the features from it and the sounds that I get from it imo, are so much better than my previous Shanling UP4s which unfortunately broke this year.

It’s kind of funny though, when I ordered this few weeks ago I found my long lost Fiio BTR3K which I lost 3 years ago, and it’s just on the freaking floor just behind of an end table… yeah it’s stupid of me just noticing that small black rectangular box thingy shape that I know from the BTR3K

1 Like