I bought the wrong cable for my Tin Audio T2s

Also since you guys mentioned some DAC/AMPs that are compatible with the 4.4mm, care to give me some examples of those? the only one that is possible for me to buy is an AMP which is Topping’s NX1s. Also any of you can recommend some cable that I can get for my upcoming KZ ZS10s?

There is actually a new desktop amp the ifi zen dac that is relatively cheap inexpensive, but I don’t know if it would be available to you. The Sony walkmans have 4.4mm. These might be too pricey though and you may just have to get an adapter

sure I will keep that in mind and thanks for the suggestion. and yeah I will keep the cable I ordered just to how it affects my IEMs that is compatible with it or if there ever will be some changes in regards to sounds being outputted.

I personally think the sound change would come from going balanced rather then the cable itself, because the 4.4 mm is balanced and if you convert it to unbalanced 3.5mm and compare to the stock cable it will most likely sound very similar

I guess there will be no changes happening since the ones I got are balanced to begin with.

That came with the t2? The stock wire is a 3.5 mm unbalanced

Oof my bad, I thought it was balanced

For a balanced set to work, you would need a balanced cable and a balanced amp, and I don’t think you have either. For the time being you can convert balanced to unbalanced. A cheap balanced device that works pretty well with iems portable is the fiio q1 mk2, but I think that wasn’t available where you are, and you would have to get a 4.4 mm balanced female to 2.5 mm balanced male to make it work anyway.

Sorry for my late reply.

I guess Zen uses Burr Brown 1793. So you’re saying it is actually really good?

I’m asking because Aune T1SE uses the same dac and I always thought it’s not that great. I thought Aune used it to save cost.

So iFi does a good job at integrating the burr brown dacs, and their output stage design is solid so it sounds pretty good, IMO it’s more about the integration than it is the actual chip itself. It also depends on what type of sound you are going after, typically the ifi implementations are warmer, a bit smoother, and also a bit wider in sound, and burr browns in general to a lesser extent. The reason I say that the zen blue dac choice was a tad disappointing was because imo ifi has way more experience working with burr brown implementations than they do ess. IMO personally I wasn’t impressed by the t1se either (it’s been a while since I heard one though)

2 Likes

Well T1SE is not a tube pre. The dac section has a tube buffer + solid-state amp. You can’t listen to the dac alone but you can connect any dac to the amp.

Yes, not exactly apples to apples, there is more than the dac playing a role there