I bought the wrong cable for my Tin Audio T2s

I recently got the new cable that I ordered from our online market here in my country and the overall cable for it is good and as expected it is MMCX meaning it can also be used for my Shure SE215s as well. But there is a problem, yes I got the new cable that is copper and it is also braided but the male jack plug that I ordered due to my idiocy is a 4.4mm meaning I cannot plug it in on my phone and PC to use it and now I am lamenting that I should’ve ordered the 3.5mm jack plug version. Not only that this is an unfortunate event that happened today, to add insult to injury while I was trying to find an adapter for the 4.4mm jack plug to turn it into a 3.5mm one, it turns out the so called converter or adapter of 4.4mm female to 3.5mm male is even more expensive than the cable I bought. So yeah, due to my stupidity I wasted my saved money for a cable that I won’t be able to use. (But at least I will be getting my KZ ZS10 Pros soon, I guess that is the plus from it.)

Well, always remember the exact jack plug and cable type that you needed guys, don’t be like me who think back then that 4.4mm and 3.5mm when I clearly knew they weren’t.

keep it

the 4.4 connector is the future
new DAPs like the Hiby R5 use it instead of the balanced 2.5

new DAC/Amps support it …

While I agree, the devices that use 4.4 are still somewhat pricy and if you want cost savings, getting a 4.4 balanced setup is not the most effective way

Also I actually like the cable on the t2’s, haven’t really thought about replacing it

why is this 4.4mm connector the future?

2 Likes

I personally like it the best, because its a connector that’s balanced, strong and durable, the right size where it’s not too big but not too small, and something that manufactures have been moving towards and you actually see it in somewhat budget products. It just makes the most sense to me. It can also easily be adapted into unbalanced 3.5 mm or other variants of balanced connector

1 Like

on the T2s there is no need for a balanced cable
on my T2 Pros and T3s I prefer balanced

I second all what MON wrote
the durable balanced connector will come to cheaper components - ifi Zen Blue and the DAC for example

Unfortunately that unit doesn’t use the Burr Brown dacs and an ess instead, which is kinda disappointing to me, but that had to be what they did to keep the price down

yes read it yesterday - this is a bummer - I will skip the Zen Blue because of the Sabre Chip and use my ifi xDSD
but the yesterday announced balanced ifi DAC(not the Zen Blue) will have the Burr Browns build in - but no Bluetooth support - the same 129 price point! - looks similar to the Zen Blue

Hmmmmm that’s much more interesting to me, as that’s a killer dac implementation at a good price

1 Like

yes prefer my ifi xDSD Burr Browns over the Sabre chipset of my SMSL SU-8 for most songs

wonder if I send the SU-8 back - have two days left and see me hardly using it

thought about going optical out from the Zen Blue to the xDSD for LDAC Support - bit crazy

interesting…that iFi Zen DAC / Amp is only $189 CAD and that fits into my budget perfectly!

also, why all the poop on the Sabre DAC chip?

1 Like

I don’t like it near as much as the Burr brown chips. The Burr brown chips have a warmer, thick sound but still are pretty clean and resolving (typically in their implementation)

IDK I don’t have anything against ess, but some times their implementation can be lackluster, and ifi also has a fair bit more experience with burr brown implementation then ess

1 Like

so that means you find the Sabre is more neutral / balanced in their sound?

I find it typically more bright with a somewhat strange mid-range, but on the su-8 there isn’t a mid-range issue

1 Like

which DAC model did you find it having the strange mid-range? The Zen Blue is brand new, so no one knows how it sounds.

That’s just going off of my general experience of ess sabre implementions, I am not saying the ess will sound this way in the ifi. I just prefer the Burr brown for ifi products

1 Like

no poop on the Sabre - it´s good in the SU-8
it´s a preference thing

the SU-8 with THX AAA 789 and some less warm/laid back hf like DT 1990s, 660s, Elegia and bright IEMs(T2 Pro and T3s) can get fatiguing over longer listening sessions

with the Burr Browns the same chain gets not fatiguing over longer time

this is what I experianced with listening to Foobar with DSD/DxD/Flac files and Tidal Masters mqa Streams in the last weeks

switching drivers and DACs took some time - so no real A/B listening
I am 43 and my hearing is quite good from last tests but I am not experianced in analytical hearing
so take this with a grain of salt

on the SU-8 the “Apodizing” Filter + “Rich1” sound option combined
came the nearest to the sound of the ifi xDSD as DAC

I guess I will keep it, I mean there is going to be a use for it once the appropriate product of it is here nowadays. Also, I just decided to buy a new wire that is 3.5mm also braided but this time it’s a silver one.

Well the reason why I got a new cable for my T2s is because, the stock wires that I got is having issues like the sounds from the other ear piece is like tricking up and the sounds are like suddenly all gone but with just a few movements on the cable it is all normal again. So yeah, that is the idea on why I bought some cables for my T2 and I cannot use my 4.4mm pin cable yet.