I finally have the Seek Real Audio Airship: My Katos can now take a break

Best set of IEMs purchased I have ever made this year and yes, this is now going to be my main IEM use for now, replacing my Kato (it can finally take a break, and I can finally move on from Moondrop for a while, due to their shit customer support on handling QC issues.) Appearance? I am a huge fan, I love the look despite it being small but it looks elegant and sophisticated that it feels like Seek Real did a hell of a job making this and that is mad props from a new upcomer like them. All I wanted from it are all there in terms of sounds, sure it’s a bit on the warmer side and can be a bit chill to some, but my God these are freaking fun to listen to with a touch of that analytical-side that I also love listening to. It’s like a Swiss army knife but made in a sophisticated manner, for every genre that I played with these in my ears are produced excellent due to it’s tuning, natural timbre, and just plain excellent musicality. It’s got it all with the just right amount of aspects implemented on this, the bass, mids, treble, vocals, details, note weight, imaging, soundstage and resolution, all implemented in such a way that there are some tracks in my library made me feel that mindfuckery moment again, as if I felt it for the first time like “Woah! there is a sound like that?! wtf?!”

Ok sure I have been praising this a lot, but there are some cons, might be a con for you, might be a con for me and here are the caveats. The nozzles from these are short, as in short as the Tanchjim Oxygen so fit might be an issue to some people here, but luckily these fit me perfectly like a glove and I love it. The cables are a bit thin and I have a bit of concern in terms of durability but luckily the cable isn’t a stiff and kinky mess for it’s a high quality cable. This is subjective, but the bass response can be slightly heavy so you might need to find some suitable tips to tame it down if you don’t like it being overwhelming at times, but so far the bass for me is just good enough. And finally, the Tripowin X HBB Olina exists, for this one is basically an improved version of it. Also the Olinas are much cheaper and have a safer fit than the Airships, plus doing the double-mesh filter mod can get you the same sound signature as the Airships according to the folks who have tried and owned a pair of the Olinas. A quick note, to some you might want to burn these in a bit, but for me it sounded better as I kept on using it as usual.

Overall for me, this is all love and a perfect IEM for me to start as a new beginning from a new company that did an excellent job on making these, also a sidenote, I freaking love its leatherette case, for it’s like a man purse that I don’t mind carrying around. So yeah, if you will excuse me, I want to continue listening to all my tracks while humming and headbanging subconsciously with a satisfied purchase and feeling.

10 Likes

Glad your purchase worked out!

2 Likes

I am glad I gave Seek Real a chance despite them being a new company, for I admit I have that skepticism and just flat no expectations at all lately when it comes to things that are new, especially companies in any type that has not proven anything yet. But now that I have one of their IEMs, they have proven me wrong, for they did a spectacular job with the Airships, along with their other two, which I read that they are also very good from the getgo.

I think they did care, for I love the boxing that they did for it, the leatherette case that came with, much better than the usual cases I get from the IEMs I have purchased back then, and most of all the look and the build quality of the IEMs, for I think they did a solid job on it. People should give this more notice more than ever, for they are missing out a great pair this year.

3 Likes

After all the hassles with Moondrop, and I am very happy you like the Airship.

I am a big fan of the other sets HBB talked about in his video on the Airship - Oxygen, Hanna 2021, and Olina. The fact that he said it was the best of that group speaks very well of the Airship.

I am about getting ready to buy the Penon Serial, otherwise I might jump at these.

4 Likes

Judging by the review about the Penon Serial, yeah that is definitely a good choice to get. But yeah you won’t go wrong with the Airships either, for it is a safe choice for newcomers if they don’t know their sound preference yet.

1 Like

Good observation, and those sets are usually good for any music library too.

And that’s what it’s all about! :wink:

4 Likes

The first time you notice micro-details
The first time you notice imaging chops and stage
The first time you feel slam
The first time you hear bass texture
The first time you cry listening to music and you just cant explain it
The first time you try something and just fall in love

This is why we keep going and cant be explained to other people.

8 Likes

Yeah this one is one hell of a revelation in terms of a different tuning. Used have the same feeling with the Katos but after the constant QC issues and Moondrop’s support being shit (I know I am regurgitating and have a habit of repeating myself all the time.) The magic’s gone, and I am sure you know what I am talking about when it comes to “magic” when you first got an IEMs that you cannot explain but it just hits you and you’ll say, my god I love this shit.

3 Likes

And now the rabbit hole begins!

3 Likes

Tbh that rabbit hole never ends my friend, it only ends when you decide it to end.

4 Likes

Ok so it has been 2 days, and man after switching from the Katos to this every time I give my own library a listening session, the Airships are a changer for me, it just tramples the Kato but there are still some songs I admit where I still prefer the Kato in my ears than the Airships, but majority though, the Airship wins by far.

Also I just think that the Airship are more superior in terms of technicalities than the Kato and I prefer the look of the Airship than the Kato’s mirror silver look, would have been different if it’s the matte steel color instead but hey, the sounds what counts overall.

3 Likes

How is the isolation?

1 Like

It really depends on the fit, and since it has a short nozzle it can be a hit or a miss. But so far in terms of isolation while basing it on my own fit, it’s pretty good but it will vary to anyone depending on their ears. Not as isolation levels as the T3 Plus for me, but it’s there among that ones that provide solid isolation.

1 Like

Also I think to those who really want to give this a try but having doubts with the fit, you might want to get the Azla Sednaearfit standard just to be sure, otherwise just go get the Olina for a safer fit and just do the double-mesh filter mod to at least have the same results as the Airship.

2 Likes