I love this forum

Holy crap this forum is awesome. After years of lurking on sbaf, (stick up their ass), asr (larger end of same stick up their ass) and head-fi (fanboy wars non stop) I’m so happy to find an audio forum that just likes to listen to music with good equipment and has no aversion to anime and jpop.

The users here are so friendly with no elitism, and seem just as knowledgeable, if not more so, as elsewhere. You guys rock!

22 Likes

Glad you like it here.

No reason to talk so bad about the other forums though.

5 Likes

Yet another example of why I love it here. Perhaps because I’m Canadian haha.

What Maze said. Everyone has a unique flavor but like many of us, we like this forum and try to keep it mostly positive. Check your ego at the door, measurements aren’t the only thing that matters. Just have fun and I hope you find (and can afford) what you are looking for.

3 Likes

Agreed. This is a rather chill forum. I’ve only been here for a short time, but I like what I’ve seen so far and enjoy all the perspectives and knowledge of those folks who are more savvy than I am in this hobby.

I also like how I can cuss, if I feel like it, and not get into trouble for it. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hmm … :thinking:

this thread is full of lies and misinformation. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

hahaha…GTFO :wink:

don’t let the door hit you on the way out! :joy:

Fixed with edit. Thank you.

1 Like

Oh, and I’ll stand by my statement. If you like what you have, stop spending money. Don’t mess with happiness regardless of what the fad is, measurements, latest news. If your setup works for you just be happy… Unless you spend for a mid market delta sigma DAC. The fact that this forum finally got me to hear music eqaal to the quality of my discman in the 90’s means delta sigma chips have been a plague on sound for ages.

2 Likes

therein likes the rub. if you’ve been corrupted…you need better. yes. need.

I’ve been corrupted, having listened to the HFM HE-1000 v2 and the Focal Stellia, when my best headphones were the Senn HD599se. I know have Nighthawk Carbon’s and they’re loads better, but I need a totl (or two…or three…or) because I want to cry when I listen to my music. I was ready to cry when I was demoing the Stellia. the experience was beyond words…

of course, ymmv. if you haven’t been corrupted, it is wise to stay ignorant! :wink:

just so u know @RenEH i’m totally cool with it lol

1 Like

We try our best here. Though as you go through the forums you will find some stuff from our basically unmodded days but even then we tried our best to self manage ourselves before @M0N got modded. Also welcome from another Canadian user there are at least dozens of us on here

1 Like

This forum really doesn’t need moderation since mostly everyone here is pretty respectful and there have been minimal issues, would prefer if it stays that way lol

More than that lol

3 Likes

Sigh, the only reason I’m buying a dac now is because the built in DAC on the Edifier s3000pro Z got me to buy is a good deal better than my modi 3. Now my much more expensive AVR and speakers sounds like crap in comparison to my Edifiers I want to upgrade it’s amps/processor too. Such is life.

1 Like

4 Likes

If you haven’t heard a Bifrost 2, Soekris anything, Denafrips anything. OMG you’re missing you. Remember that smile you got listening to a song you’ve heard a dozen times before and you’re like “OMG I hear things now!!!” That’s what those DACs do to you… then you look at your wallet and realize M0N single handedly pushing hifi in ways nobody else is.

2 Likes

That’s debatable imo lol

Isn’t that practically everything on this forum?