I’m getting impatient. Wait for Bifrost 2 or spring for RME ADI2?

Liquid platinum DAC is coming soon too.

If you want to wait a month (hopefully) and have a matching stack.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=38966

1 Like

If it’s not pushed back again lol

1 Like

I was impatient for my ZMF Eikons coming, I bought a set of planar headphones worth more than double because I’m impatient.

I did not cancel my ZMF Eikons for the record.

1 Like

I am currently Loving my LP!
I would really like to hear it with an LCD2-C. Should be good. :+1:

2 Likes

Any more updates on that new amp?

1 Like

I may have pulled the trigger :grimacing:.

I feel conflicted about it but it seems possibly like the rme might be end game. Whereas I know the bifrost would eventually have to be sold along. Maybe I’ve made a mistake but I think this will clear something desk space as the 789 amp might be redundant now

1 Like

Bold move! You must post your thoughts.

I’m sure I’m not the only one who sometimes get a case of the “fuck it’s”, but I think it’s escalated now

1 Like

That’s what I’m waiting for. Gimme that sexy looking box.

Anyways, if they delay it again I’ll just grab a Bifrost 2 or Ares II.

That and waiting for the Erish pre-order to ship have me antsy. Am watching Ebay like a hawk for sneaky deals on headphones from companies I haven’t tried yet to sate myself in the meantime.

I’ve done questionable things, or as they say ‘fckits’, waiting for a DAC I want. I totally understand that.

1 Like

I just did the Elegia on sale fuckit (arrives tomorrow morning), so doing one so soon afterwards would probably be a bad thing. Just gotta bite my tongue for now lol

lol I was also waiting for the bifrost 2 as well and getting impatient with the delays but then I let some fuckheads… i mean “friends” talk me into some crazy shit at 1am in the morning last week and now I have one of THESE on the way… #fuckit

8 Likes

So uh, when my wife asks how much this thing costs (she usually doesn’t, great wife knows better), I’ll just show her that and say “not that much” :rofl:

1 Like

I prefer the Bifrost2 to my RME ADI-2DAC for enjoyment listening, but both are excellent! The RME I find I can spend more time fiddling with EQ or/and settings, where with the Bifrost2 I just plug in and go to my relaxing with music place.

4 Likes

The NDH20’s actually sound good instead of being restricted like a someone tied up in some bondage fetish. I can’t confirm they open up on tubes personally, but people I deem as credible sources confirm that. On the GS-X mini… the NDH 20’s sound like they’re finally moving.

I can confirm now that NDH20 on a solid state amp need more than THX 887 power or RNHP power to be properly driven. If you put a mod mic on them… put it on the bottom of the ear cup.

1 Like

I appreciate this. Also clearly you stream/cast in some way, nice setup.

Mousepad on point

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been putting on a couple YouTube live shows about audio =) I am doing a series on Audiophiles right now that I’m enjoying! Basically just chatting with forum members on their setups. Just did one with @ValentineLuke =)

How do you like the Shure mic? That is the SM7B right?

2 Likes

Nice! Yeah this is the sm7b. I have been a full remote employee for years and have done some podcasts/YouTube videos.

I really like the mic, had an MXL990 before this and it was a huge upgrade. I do very little eq with this and the natural tone is my favorite way to hear myself. Granted, it’s overkill, but at least on zoom calls people don’t have any problems understanding me.

3 Likes

So… this is what my impatient ZMF purchase yielded. I saw a deal. What did you buy today?

2 Likes

You do live Very large! :+1:

1 Like