I may have a severe case of bad luck or something weird is going on here

That… was probably, mostly, because of the carpet? Anyway, obviously the best thing would be to go portable… Something like that (I don’t know much about DAPs):
https://www.amazon.com/FiiO-Resolution-Lossless-Bluetooth-Support/dp/B07HRHJX9N/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=fiio+dap&qid=1608907778&sr=8-4

Either that or, yeah, ask an electrician for a ground. Otherwise it’s like playing Russian roulette with your headphones :grimacing:

1 Like

I’ll probably do both hahaha

I found that the XDuoo you recommended does have a toslink, runs on battery and is powerful enough for my needs. I could sell the FiiO and get the XD-05 basic from aliexpress and it’ll probably solve my issues I guess. And as a bonus I could probably run it on a Anker Powerbank that I have to get more juice out of it.

But I’ll call an electrician anyway, I have some expensive electronics and my PC is my workstation, I can’t play the russian roulette on that. I guess I was lucky that “only” the headphones died.

By the way, thanks for the suggestions! I’m glad I created this topic here, it’s been really helpful

4 Likes

Just a quick update.

I got the headphone back from Sennheiser, they replaced the right driver, the coil was busted, just like the first headphone.

I sold my FiiO K5 Pro and got a Xduoo XD-05 Basic. And I’m loving it, it much better built than the FiiO, it reeks quality on the materials and buttons. Supplies plenty of power for the HD660s. I’m running it with a Anker power bank and optical cable, I’ll have to keep recharging it until I move to some house that has grounding.

What I noticed from the XD-05 Basic is that it doesn’t make any popping noises when I turn it on or Off, I guess it mutes the output when turning off.

I also made a different cable for the HD660s. I bought a new cable from sennheiser and Soldered a Mini XLR on the middle of it, so it’s acting like a Y Splitter. It’s pretty convenient actually, I can change the cables without fear of damaging the headphone connections and disconnect the headphone without shorting the 6.35mm jack.

4 Likes

Cool, I hope your issues are over :+1: