I need a recommendation for a headphone with these characteristics

I am looking for a headset for purely leisure use and enjoyment of music. I don’t care if it’s open or closed. That if, that is type over ear. Maximum price €1000.

I want the headset to have the following characteristics that I consider necessary for me to enjoy music.

-Good dynamics in the sound. That is, an attractive sound. Perhaps this distances him from the neutral or referential world… I don’t know. But I look for one who possesses this quality.

-Accurate image. That is, you can easily identify if you want instruments.

-Cleaning. A somewhat subjective quality and linked to the sound signature. Even so, I do consider that there are headphones with bass / mid / treble more “textured and clear” than others. I want it to sound clean.

-Bass. I am not a fan of very marked bass but I am a slight enhancement at this frequency. I personally think it benefits all the music I listen to.

That is all.

For clarification, headset, as in a headphone with a mic built in?

1 Like

headphone (no mic). sorry

1 Like

Hhhhmmmm first thing that comes to mind is Audeze LCDX if you can find one for $1k. A hifiman Ananda or XS would also be a good choice. Dan Clark aeon noire lacks in dynamics but would get the job done.
There’s just so many choices.

Focal Clear og

The Ananda is easier to handle. I have read that the Edition Xs requires quite a lot of energy. If you don’t get it it sounds meh.
It is cheaper but requires more amplification than more expensive hifiman headphones.
The first one you say might be an interesting option.

Modhouse t60 argon, Meze 109, Aeon 2 open or closed, Denon d5200 or 7200

Of these, with one has the cleanest sound?

What amplifier are you going to be using? Most big planars I would want at least 1W to drive them.

Probably the Meze 109s, also are you looking for a headphone for all genres in general?

First, that was an excellent, detailed description of what you seek. Thank you!

Recommendations:
Audeze LCD-X (2021 version)
Focal Clear (original)
Meze 109 Pro

These headphones tick all of your boxes. LCD-X is a planar; Clear and 109 Pro are dynamic drivers. All three are open-back. The Clear and 109 Pro have a bit more energy in the treble. All have excellent clarity and imaging.

Good luck!

Thanks!
I see an offer in my country in a reputate shop.

Focal elegia 529€
Denon 7200 509€
Dt1990 440€

They are interesting but I don’t know what to do.

I also agree with the recommendations of the Focal Clear (OG) or the LCD-X…They both match your criteria for what you are looking for…If you are looking for a pair of planars get the LCD-X if not go with the Clears…I think you will be happy with either pair…if you don’t mind going the used route, you could also look for a pair of ZMF Auteur’s.

1 Like