I need help to find new cables for the M570

I’m currently running the M570 with the JDS Atom that’s connected to a sound card(AE-5), and I’m looking to upgrade my AMP and get a DAC. After looking for some time I was thinking of getting the Erish balanced AMP, and the Enog2 pro because I heard that balanced input sounds better. The problem is that idk if the stock cables support balanced input and I could just buy an XLR adapter (because I find conflicting information) so I’m looking to see if I could buy other cables that fit these headphones, and will actually work correctly as balanced cables(that are XLR) or to just buy entirely new headphones that are native XLR.
The stock cables are dual 2.5mm TRS to 3.5mm and 1/4 adapter.

Pretty much any dual 2.5mm TS terminated in XLR would work, but I really enjoy and highly recommend Hart Audio. I use mine for both the M570 and Nighthawk. There are several other custom cable small businesses around as well, such as Capistrano, Forza, Periapt, etc.

You can also find things like the below on Amazon, but depending on how many headphones you have, or plan to have, it can be cheaper in the long run to invest in a modular cabling system like Hart or Capistrano.

Oh my god thank you, I’ve been trying to find out for the longest time. Have you tried these amazon cables on your pair of m570’s? And are you using the HC-7 cables for your m570?

I have not tried the ones I linked from Amazon, but yes I use the HC-7 from Hart Audio. I’ve ordered quite a bit from them, and James is great to work with.

So I should be trying to get the HC-7 and IC-3?

That’d do it

Also what cables do i get to connect the left and right XLR on an Amp to a Dac? is there a difference in the left cable or right cable or are they just XLR cables and there’s no difference besides the fact you need to connect left to left and right to right?

Just a pair of male to female XLR patch cables is all you need for that if your DAC has balanced XLR out and your amp has balanced XLR in

Thank you so much for clarifying, I’m pretty new to a lot of this and I was so confused on what exactly would work and what would not.

1 Like