šŸ”¶ iBASSO IT00 Single Graphene DD

lol, I have. I just havenā€™t broken them in.

Now that the FH3 has arrived and Iā€™ve heard what it can do, I donā€™t really care about my other IEMs or headphones. This is all I want in an IEM.

6 Likes

Time to try an Andro then :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Whereā€™d you order the fh3 from? How long did it take to get?

The FH3 really is something else.

I believe it is the ā€œblon 03ā€ in the 100-200 usd range. Just spectacular.

2 Likes

I got it from Amazon.

Maybe someday. I really donā€™t need anything more than what the FH3 is giving me. It is perfectly detailed for my preferences while retaining a fun signature. As Rikudou_Goku said in his impressions šŸ”¶ FiiO FH3 2BA 1DD - #30 by Rikudou_Goku it might not have as much ā€œairā€ as other IEMs, but Iā€™m treble sensitive and the FH3 is giving me perfect treble response for my tastes. I was listening to Random Access Memories last night and I heard a ride cymbal like Iā€™ve never heard it before. It was crystal clear and perfectly separated. The bass amount, impact and detail is all I could ask for. BGGAR said the only issue he has with the FH3 is that cymbal heads may find cymbals can sound a little tizzy. I donā€™t hear it.

Compared to my FH7, the FH3 has a better frequency response to my ears. The bass is much more full, detailed and has better impact. The FH7 bass is soft and lacking texture in comparison. The FH7 was on the edge of having too much treble for me and could be sibilant at times. The FH3 treble is smoother yet still very detailed, perfect to my ears. The FH7 image separation is very wide. I love it in this regard. The FH3 is more intimate in comparison and imaging is excellent (ride symbol in Random Access Memories). Both the FH7 and FH3 fit perfectly and I have no issues with driver flex or inner ear suction like I do with many other IEMs. Comfort is fantastic on both Fiio sets.

This is the first time my gas has ended for searching for the next IEM. Iā€™d love to hear/own the Andromeda, but for right now, Iā€™m completely happy with the FH3.

2 Likes

Review? I have only posted some impressions lol. :joy:

My review is coming though.

But I tell you guys something in advance, It is S ranked and will get a 5/5. :+1:

2 Likes

Oh sorry. I thought it was your review. :flushed: EDITED.

Yeah I have seen some similar ā€œreviewsā€ on other iems on head-fi. But I consider that to be short impressions and not a review lol. I have high standards for what I call a review and a good one at that.

1 Like

I like the FH7 and flipped pretty much every conceivable tuning option, filters, tips and cablesā€¦I donā€™t find it has too much treble in any config unless itā€™s with the treble filter, spiral dotā€™s and a pure silver cableā€¦the only downside for me is the timbre is slightly off, it doesnā€™t offend me but it doesnā€™t sound ā€˜naturalā€™ but enjoyable none the less.

I am treble sensitive, so finding a set with inoffensive treble is very important. The FH7 pushes my comfort to that limit and over it from time to time. I have the FH7 as dark as I can get it and itā€™s still bright for my tastes.

I feel the FH7 is a great IEM. I love a lot about it, but I do feel the stage especially, feels unnaturally large. Probably in the same way the stage on the Sennheiser HD800, is huge but unnatural/artificial.

Iā€™m just being honest about my impressions of the FH3. My favorite genre of music is progressive metal (I listen to just about everything tho) so I may be easier to please than most.

The FH3 is still brand new and I plan to be getting a lot more time with it. If it continues to sound as good as it does, I will be very happy. ONLY 130 BUCKS!!! Iā€™ll probably get a few of them and spend money on getting an awesome cable for it.

2 Likes

Then i can 100% say it is also a very versatile iem as I listen to hip-hop, vocal trance, osts (anime), Linkin park (rock/metal or something lol) and Hiroyuki Sawano. Sounds amazing with all of them.

Do you know what area of the treble you are sensitive to? I am sensitive to the lower treble, 2-4k but especially the 3k area.

Yep. Hereā€™s my EQ I use to ā€œtame the highsā€ on anything that bothers me. Per whatever Iā€™m listening to, Iā€™ll trim everything off beyond 4k. This usually does the trick for me and I usually donā€™t have to cut more than 1 or 2 db. Anything beyond that doesnā€™t belong in my ears (Fiio FD1).

Is that a high-shelf reduction from 4k and up?

If that is the case then the both of us together covers pretty much the entire treble lol. And you are 100% sure that the FH3 isnt bothering you? ( I cant exactly tell if there is a peak above 4k when I am not sensitive to it at all lol.)

Yes.

Absolutely. The FH3 treble sounds so good to my ears. Very detailed, crisp and never painful with no eq. Obviously Iā€™m not a treble head, so as long as the treble isnā€™t hurting me and I can hear clear details in the mix, I am happy.

One of my favorite albumsā€¦

The guitars (solos) on this album can get uncomfortable for me at certain points with certain sets (probably just the way they they sound). This is one of the albums I listen to with the hopes that it is going to sound great with every new set I purchase. Usually after listening to this album, I always hope the highs will tame down with break in. The ISN H40ā€™s relaxed tuning sounds great with this album. The FH3 sounds just as good but is more detailed without being too harsh. Itā€™s just right. lol

1 Like

Alright sound nice. I am dropping the review very soon, just going to try to find some more cons (as I really dislike when people say ā€œno consā€ in the cons section lol) really hard to find them though :joy:

I hear ya. I wish I had more experience with more IEMs to compare them to, not to mention my treble sensitivities donā€™t allow me to have the most unbiased opinion, but you have the experience to make the judgement necessary. Just give your honest opinions. Thatā€™s all anyone can ask for.

EDIT: Just rememberedā€¦ The cable is crap, and Iā€™ve loved all of Fiioā€™s cables on all their other products.

1 Like

Wow I think Z was running the treble boost filter on them if I recall correctly? So I guess the 3ā€™s arenā€™t for me lol.

On an other note has anyone heard of any more channel imbalance issues with the 00ā€™s?..guessing it was a few Friday afternoon rushed sets and not an overall production problem?

If you havent heard the Urbanfun ISS014 then the FH3 is something you really should try. That bass is spectacular and addicting.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not really a ā€˜bassheadā€™ (more of an airy fairy old school detail audiophile lol) but I do like like bass when in the moodā€¦really hope the Vegaā€™s will scratch that itch :man_shrugging: