IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

Variations vs Fh9 vs Quintet

Wich one? For music. (I like detailed IEM)

As a certified Variations preacher, it should come as no surprise what I would recc :melting_face:

Those IEMs may be exceptions but the prevalence of decades old designed headphones serving professional purposes vs IEMs and their ( apparent) planned obsolescence is a stark contrast.

IEMs are used for professional purposes but, even there, there little endurance. Westone tending to be a “musicians’ professional use” brand being the only IEM trend that I know of for professional use.

Tbf that might just be the perspective of being too into the audiophile scene. Normal people still buy the shure SE425/SE845 or the etymotic ER series.

^To whom is this statement directed to?

This is an audiophile/audio weeb forum. So, most posts/ perspectives may be different than the mean. That said, my favorite tuning is the normie Harmonish tuning. Maybe I fail at being an audiophile? :laughing:

It’s more about the perspective that there’s no “staple” IEMs like the Sony 7506 or ATH M50.

It’s like Audiophiles won’t really talk about the Sony 7506 or M50 but to “normies” they would be considered the step up in the consumer section. Just like how you won’t find, say, Moondrop IEMs in guitar stores but the Shure 215 has been a staple for years now. And there’s brands like UE that serves more of a prosumer side and they don’t come out with a million models every year like certain Chi-fi brands do.

3 Likes

A little late to the discussion, but just chiming in to say my own Diva, purchased new through Musicteck, exhibits the same issue after tip rolling; the nozzle grill cover on one side comes loose. I’ve been babying them since and haven’t made much of a fuss over it since Andrew (of Musicteck) is exceptional to deal with. I’m sure if ever (hopefully not when ever) a more serious issue arises, I will inform Andrew.

4 Likes

Saber 3 has plenty enough bass, more to the point it’s quality bass too :+1:

4 Likes

Yeah, on this last leg of our tour I had a Schiit Lyr, Schiit Modi Multibit 2, a HeadAmp GS-X Mini, and a Gustard R26 for the full size desktop rigs.

2 Likes

Had a good time reading this thread - thank you for your contributions all. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This week I got my hands on a pair of Glamdrings (courtesy of my BFF Jay) and a pair of KBEar Believes (have been trying to grab these for a while) and I actually love both of them. The second you hear the believes you can tell they have that beryllium crispness and authority to them and the Glamdrings are actually very similar to how I had my S12s modded before I broke them only the midbass shelf extends a bit further and there’s a touch less subbass, but I love the sound when listening to anything prog or with crazy rhythm section interplay. Overall, it has been a cool week for sure.

I also got some Hidizs MM2s and TRI Starseas from Jay, but I haven’t had time to dig into them just yet.

5 Likes

I actually wonder how the glamdring would compare to my own S12 EQ. Would anyone with a PEQ and S12 be able to compare?

Hey fellas any help on IDing two KZ IEMs I was given. I’m not familiar with KZ so here are some pics. If you need more ask. The one with the creamish colored faceplate does say 1DD+7BA in very faded writing if that helps.
The Cream ones

The Metal ones:

Those are the ZAS (cream) and DQ6. They were mine

1 Like

They were given to me. Would you Iike them back or moved on as freebies to newbies in my neighborhood?

2 Likes

I think that the metal ones are maybe the DQ6S, and the Cream ones may be the ZAS.

1 Like

They’re yours to do with as you see fit. Did you ever try them?

2 Likes

Hell yeah! I dig the DQ6 a lot actually. And it’ll probably stay with me for a goodong while. The ZAS wasn’t my style, but I have a kid down the street that comes by all the time to listen to stuff and I’m gonna put together a little kit for him. If you don’t mind can the ZASs go in the kit?

4 Likes

Go for it!

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies. Continue discussion at IEM discussion thread (Part 2).