IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

For sure. I had the opportunity to try both the Z1R and U12T, and I would say tech wise they’re as good as it gets. If their tuning fits your preference then it is endgame, but for me, I’m more of an Tea/EJ07 type of guy :wink:

4 Likes

Moved this here so as not to off topic the Olina thread any further lol…

That’s awesome to hear and your wallet be like…

There’s a few sets I’d love to hear Elysian Acoustic Annihilator, the Bird and the Thummim :crossed_fingers: :+1:

4 Likes

The Thummim is a beauty. Bombacious, musical, full of lush mids, lots of bass texture, and resolving highs. It’s a polarising signature - if you really like it, you really like it, if you don’t, you don’t.

2 Likes

are JVC IEM’s any good? the command a high price and I never see anyone talking about them.

1 Like

The FDX1’s are pretty popular

2 Likes

tin P1 doesn’t fit my ears… maybe i just am bad with medium tips but i can never get them in my ears… thankfully i got them free and was using them to help see what 150-200 IEM i would get

Going to dubai in a few days for a week and have some extra time on hand , any audiophile shops the likes of Singapore zeppelin co that ya’ll know of which i can stop by ?

Thanks in advance!

My Kato’s stock cable has gotten stiff where the 2 pins are, therefore I am in need of a cable replacement for it. Not too expensive, just need a budget cable but has decent softness and thickness for it.

Any suggestions?

1 Like

Budget? Generally I go for XINHS, Yinyoo, or NiceHCK cables. Some go on sale for pretty cheap, like 10 USD

2 Likes

Alright thanks, I’ll keep that in mind. Just making sure that’s all

The only yinyoo cable I have for my bl-03 didn’t aged well at all: oxidyzed and stiffened.

IviPQ makes great cables too. I guess this store is linked with xinhs because I got a xinhs box with my iviPQ cable :thinking:

3 Likes

I was trying to find this store, thanks! Yeah IviPQ seems legit as well. Only cable ive touched from them is basicly xinhs.

That’s interesting…my 16 core Yinyoo is going strong after 8 months. How long did it take for yours to oxidise? Are you in a very humid environment?

1 Like

Yeah same issue, mine also stiffened and oxidized. Now it’s not a good looking cable, still works though but I missed its time of being new, soft and looking good.

3 Likes

Shit, I might need to stop recommending Yinyoo! Are you in a very humid climate?

Yes, especially during the summer times, it gets freaking hot here.

Quick Symphonium Triton impressions. A worthy follow-up to Helios and an iem to watch.

1 Like

I live in France . So a very moderate climate. I don’t remember how long it took for my cable to oxidise.

It was a low price cable, though. It is compatible with the bl-03.

1 Like

Hmm I see. Well, XINHS seems to be universally praised!

1 Like

@Ohmboy it looks like in the process of moving threads you locked the Olina thread… It says it will delete in 7 days

1 Like