IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

Technically u can do some weird stuff, but that changes the sound

Iā€™m genuinely impressed. I could never get Acrylic to work for me - Iā€™m more into using ballpoint and pencils for my drawings. Acrylic is so much harder than people think - especially if youā€™ve never tried before.

These are stunning :saluting_face:

2 Likes

Guy is the true definition of artist man.

He lives and breathes this all that

4 Likes

I got the HieGi earbud foams and they are a bit thicker so provide an easier seal and potentially a bit more comfort. Supposedly they change the sound due to the increase in thickness but I havenā€™t noticed this as opposed to IEM tips.

2 Likes

Mine will be here Monday! Cannot wait to hear them

3 Likes

Guys it has been a while since I have treated myself with some new set of IEMs as a self-gift. Just wondering how are the Kiwi Ears Cadenza for its given price? Just saw a video of hawaiibadboy talking about them and they are seem pretty good according to him. Just need some output from some of the folks here who at least have owned it, so that I can finally have a new set to use for I think the current ones I own especially the Aria and the Starfield are nowadays not much of a use.

1 Like

Apart from other reviewers possibly, I donā€™t think anyone has received a set yet? If Iā€™m not wrong theyā€™ve only been available to the public since Monday.

Blue and Red for me incoming with the LEC sale 2 for $48 CDN canā€™t go wrong!

1 Like

Cadenza is pretty much the Hexa (also a new set 1DD/3BA) but with more bass and most likely less tech. Honestly given the price difference ($70 Hexa vs $35 Cadenza) Iā€™d just buy the Hexa (I did LOL, and probably will add a filter to boost bass/tame treble).

Someone compared the Hexa to the Variations and itā€™s 80% there according to him: Truthear Hexa 4 Driver Hybrid IEM - Reviews | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org So Iā€™d personally skip the Cadenza and go straight for the Hexa, but then again it might be too new to say :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Can anyone recommend an IEM with a short nozzle? I already have the Shuoer S12 and the fit is perfect!

Cadenza still has a place imo.

You get single DD coherency and also (hopefully) beryllium tightness & speed.

Looks pretty fantastic too, imo.

3 Likes

PlusSound enters the gameā€¦with a two 10mm DD, six BA, and four electrostatic driver set called Allegroā€¦

5 Likes

Should get mine soon.

Crazy, itā€™s going for $31.80 USD.

At this rate we should all be getting some free planar IEMs soon!

6 Likes

Looks like it is possibly the same ā€œsquare planar driverā€ that was used in Kinera Gumiho.

You can get thicker foams like the HieGi foams and you can also try silicone rings to increase the budā€™s diameter so it sits more securely in the ear. Of course, you can also buy silicone fins to hold the fit steady in your ears as well.

1 Like

A bit different.

Gonna grab some rubber rings, thanks man :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Jim heard I was having fit issues so heā€™s mailing me rings for free :sob: Go support him yaā€™ll: https://www.tgxear.com/ Shipping was going to be ~3 weeks to a month from AE. Bless his soul :pray:

Screen Shot 2022-11-25 at 3.45.31 PM

11 Likes

The ripples are in pre-order! I really hope I can sell my Moonlights soon so I can snag a set

4 Likes