IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

It’s a $25 set. It’s not going to be as good as the DM, but it’s more a question of “can you get a decent mid-centric tuned IEM for under $30?”

And sorry to say this so bluntly, but the majority of people who would say the Dark Magician is overhyped haven’t heard the Dark Magician. Cause they’re incorrect. The only reason it’s not hyped more is because it’s expensive and rare to find.

3 Likes

People like FR, which is understandable. But it’s technically meh.

gl with QC.

Entire E lineup has crap QC.

People buy that for the free Type E tips though.

6 Likes

Yeah, that’s a no

got them all btw. :joy:
Pokemon syndrome took over back then.

4 Likes

Oh god. Good thing daddy Bezos’ got my back :v:

Ok now I have to know, out of all the Final Audio IEMs which ones do you like the best?

Tbh, I only think the E3000 is worth it now (excluding the E500/1000 that is pretty much free due to the Type E value) and its ONLY if you like a very mid-bassy and warm tuning.

But obviously the F3100 is the best one.

:rofl:

5 Likes

Depends what you mean by technicalities. Now, it’s not gonna out compete something like the IE600 in-terms of micro details and note sharpness, but everything else the DM runs circles around it - soundstage, 3D, imaging, bass texture, mids, vocals, dynamics - not really close in those areas IMHO. The DM also scales amazingly, so for someone like me who listens loud the IE600 is off the tables due to the spicy treble/uppermids at higher volumes. It really depends what you value - I can see why people love the IE600, but personally I’d take the DM anyday.

1 Like

Bruh… LOL

Eh, guess I’ll give the E500 a try since I can just return it if I hate it, and it’s really hard for me to hate an IEM lol. Praying to the QC gods :pray:

GL!

Hopefully u got better luck than me and Crin.
(I somehow have really bad luck with japanese iem qc though…)

1 Like

I have nothing against the DM and the hype surrounding it, but the real price is around $400-450 I think. It’s just that it’s made by a small company, and that’s why the price is $600. If they were more far-sighted, they wouldn’t have revised it, because the revision is a big piece of shit. That’s it. :wink: :notes: :metal:

2 Likes

Tyty… but why is it $80CAD ($60 USD):sob:

E500 MSRP should be around 20 usd.

Welp. I can’t find one at that price, but the E1000 is cheaper at $40 USD with prime shipping too what? Same graph:

Are they the same??

they should not be.

That is way too much for them…20 usd, I rather go with chifi.

We Canadians always getting the end of the stick :roll_eyes: Guess I’ll just buy and find out. Worse case scenario they get returned sigh.

2 Likes

If you do end up trying Final IEMs, I would encourage you to try the E3000. IMO, they are the gem of that line and I find them to be pretty enjoyable. Mine broke, but I’ll probably buy another pair. They’re just a good comfy pair that disappears in your ear and gives you a good laid back listen.

2 Likes

I quite like the graph I have to admit. The thoughts?

3 Likes

Lets goooo. Dam that’s fancy.

Did they just make a more expensive KL? :joy:

3 Likes

I had a feeling that the bass region would be reminiscent of the DMs … depending on price, could be interesting. Presentation is dope! But that means nothing if the sound doesn’t coincide with the price tag

1 Like