IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

I don’t have the EJ07s, but I have the EJ07Ms and I actually really like them on my Cayin RU6. They take to that R2R sound very well, becoming rich and so musical and it even adds to the already very deep staging. You can find more precise and detailed pairings, but for pure engaging musicality I think the RU6 is hard to beat with my 07Ms. FWIW, the RU6 also pairs really well with my other tribrids so I think it’s likely to be a good match for the your OG 07s. I just wanted to give you something else to think about.

If you’re looking for something bigger to run them off of, the ifi xDSD Gryphon is fantastic as well. Very detailed, while still being euphonic and smooth. The Gryphon is a very good mobile combo. I have tried many newer models that have come out since I bought the Gryphon, but they have all come and gone while the Gryphon remains.

5 Likes

Anyone seen a graph of the Zeta?..

Have you tried the FiiO Q7? I have this and the Gryphon and have been using the Q7 more frequently. It’s larger and feels and looks like a brick, but it packs 1.5 W into its output and has additional 2.5mm and 1/4 inch connectors. I can drive every iem and headphone I own while its plugged in or off battery, including planars and the T50RP Argon. It gets extra points for having an app with a PEQ and for having funky LED multicolor accent lights. The only thing I miss from the Gryphon is the xSpace and xBass .

1 Like

1 Like

Does anyone have the Kiwi Ears Orchestra Lite? How do they stack up against the Yume II?

4 Likes

You didnt need the “test fixture” at all lol. Those I believe are used for measuring raw DDs.

5 Likes

1 Like

Poor reviewers that have to go through all of that. :rofl:

3 Likes

I really can’t do foam tips…I’ve tried but just no, foam in your ear be like…

:smile:

5 Likes

My XM4 is atrocious lmao :sweat_smile: :rofl:

That looks too abnormal, have you checked if you got some EQ activated in the App?

1 Like

AIDERLOT M5 pro any feedback on this set?

BADDDDD

6 Likes

Looks a tad wonky that :dotted_line_face:

2 Likes

Yep that one as without EQ. I did a bunch more graphing with the Sont EQ but results were also terrible. Despite looking like a graphic EQ in their app their EQ actually works like a peaking band EQ :person_shrugging:t2:

Also the XM4’s had a crazy different treble graph over 4khz using different tips which none of my other IEMs I measured had :person_shrugging:t2:

So strange :thinking:

I have not, but since I quickly tried and resold the Topping G5 I have been thinking about it. You’re the second person who has sung its praises to me and on paper it looks like it would potentially be a good fit. I’ll probably get around to it in June when I’m gonna be home, but for right now the Gryphon and the TRI TK-2 I got from @LakeWyles (thanks again, man) are taking care of all my needs just fine. I only try the new gear I hear good things about out of curiosity more than anything because I don’t find myself feeling like I’m lacking anything between the two combos I listed, my DAPs, and my bluetooth DACs. You know how it is though when you keep hearing about how awesome the latest and greatest releases are lol! :joy:

3 Likes

Ah oh well. To late now. I thought they were used for different size IEMs/tips. Thank you though for giving the heads up to others.

2 Likes

So I got the LDAC bluetooth windows 10 driver thing cause I thought maybe the bluetooth codec was making it act weird but still got about the same results. :man_shrugging:
And check out the difference in measurements between foam and silicone tips! It’s the only IEM I’ve measured where there’s such a massive difference! :open_mouth:

ISN EST50 measurement, had Tony send me the measurement for my review.

9 Likes

Gotta say, the graph doesn’t look as good as they sound

2 Likes