IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

Fiio FD1 and JadeAudio EA1, confirmed to be the same by fiio themselves.

2 Likes

Amazon US is still $29.99 I feel its a bargain for that compared to FD1 which is now $59.99.

yeah, the EA1 has been half the price of the FD1 for a while now. People were suspecting that they were identical, but now with that confirmation even better.

Just hope their QC is good, because I am pretty sure I have seen reports on different units sounding different coming from the same user.

I’ve seen a few reports here and there saying they sounds different aswell. Units variance must be the one to blame once again.

yeah, chi-fi needs to step with their QC overall.

Yeah, I don’t know about that. My assessment on chi-fi is that they throw as much crap against the wall and see what sticks. The consumers will do the R&D for them.

Meanwhile, hype gets generated from reviewers and throwing in the new hyped material driver.

Exactly, that is my opinion on the majority of chi-fi as well.

But lately we are getting more and more better tuned iem, that are really impressive.

1 Like

EA1 with Be driver tech seems worthy of the hype train… Chooo Chooo!! get on board?!?

blon blo5s or fiio fh1s?

Just waiting on the Xduuo XD-05 Basic, hope it works out.

Still waiting on the Believes but using this on my Westone W40 Gen 2 is :open_mouth:

1 Like

Finally👌

2 Likes

Want to ask

What are the key difference between fd5 and the lz a7?
Currently using a thieaudio L3 looking to upgrade

FD5: More natural timbre, bigger soundstage

A7: More detailed, a lot of tuning option, you can change the sound signature,

@Rikudou_Goku what size of finalaudio type e tips did you use for lz a7 that can fit the bore

I use LL. (equal to L for most other tips)

They only come in one bore size :+1:

yeah, I think they do lol.

I’ve only ever seen one bore size that comes with their IEM’s , do their after market ones come in bore sizes?..if so that’s cool :+1:

No idea lol. I only got the type E´s via their E series. :joy: