IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

Are male vocals recessed?

I don’t think so. Didn’t notice it last night. I’ll relisten soon and get back to you.

1 Like

I listen to a lot of hip-hop

P1 Max and easily mod it to @GooberBM discovery with some Rosefinch filters and micro pore tape. Stock I wouldn’t say P1 Max is idea for Hip-Hop. Modded though sounds nice for it and EDM.

Another option for Hip-Hop that is super fun is Bonus IE and it’s only $20. I’m an old head with hiphop though so might not fair well with modern stuff. Just don’t go expecting crazy techs or a balanced tuning for other genres. Hip-Hop though is NICE on it. Even more if you throw some Type E tips on it.

2 Likes

Hey guys,
props to @Rinderkappajoe and @n00kie for kicking off an IEM tour in Germany. He was so generous to send me 3 sets to experience and measure.

1. His Retuned Letshuoer x HBB EJ07M Kinda Lava

Letshuoer Kinda Lava Divinus - Frequency Responses - Squiglink by Harpo
    I love this set, good bass, good mids, good treble, good everything and especially good EST implementation.

The following 2 I only listened to briefly as the package only arrived today and I can’t get the Lavas out :smile:
2. Fiio FH5

1. Tangzu Zetian Wu

Squiglink - IEM frequency response database by Harpso

Upcoming tour set to be measured is a squig premiere the Shozy Magma.
So again, a big round of applause to @Rinderkappajoe and @n00kie and if some wants to join let us know.

7 Likes

Thanks a lot for the measurements! :sunglasses:

The Kinda Lava graph might be interesting for @SoundEater and @tea as you guys also have the retuned version with added bass :wink:

And sorry @thoohil for possibly making you a cable believer HA-HA!

Really curious about that Magma graph aswell…that set deserves way more attention! :heart:

4 Likes

Nice! Awesome to see tours kicking off and everyone willing to put trust into people we probably only know via the forum. Spreading our interest for the hobby and ultimately our love for music while putting trust in others.

6 Likes

Studio4 sold.

Sweet! I’ve always wondered how mine looks like when graphed

1 Like

Yes, this is one of my favorite IEMs at any price. :ok_hand: :fire:

1 Like

Yeah they are pretty recessed. I like the set. The cable and shell are great, very technical sound but recessed vocals. If you eq it’s really lovely but if not, Maybe not the best set.

1 Like

Here is how they compare

Seems like we got a near identical Bassshelf/glide as Cadenza12

2 Likes

My review of the Hidizs MP145 is up in my HiFiGuides thread and on my blog.

1 Like

the new 800$ moondrop iem. 2dd 8 ba.

6 Likes

Shocking surprise

7 Likes

I can say proudly I’ve never bought a Moondrop product ever and probably never will :smile:

7 Likes

Wow that’s lame

Moondrop’s IEMs aren’t bad, but they are very bright… :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Piercing bright (for me at least). Don’t forget the QC issues.

2 Likes

What is the retuning on Kinda Lava?