IEM discussion thread (Part 2)

I have a set of A3 that I’m selling if you are interested.

1 Like

Damn that sucks.

If you want an iem similar to the A3, there are of course the other sony models such as the XBA-N3, but that is above the 150 limit.

Otherwise the Explorer looks similar to the sony tuning on graph.

1 Like

If I were you I would wait for the Hzsound Luna reviews.
It’s a planar and graphs like a better S12…

1 Like

huh, I forgot about that Luna, that’s the other set besides S08 doing that dual voice coil thing

In a wallet friendly world, It’d stomp S12 2024 while being cheaper lol

okay well I’m gonna own an S12 2024 I guess lmao

1 Like

I still miss my Timeless so might grab Luna some day

Would these be pretty decent for gaming? I know maybe not as great as a more dedicated gaming set but for someone who is maybe slightly above casual gamer?

Anything will work for casual gaming tbh. You just want something more immersive which you need a big stage and some bass for.

Competitive gaming works better with brighter sets.

But consider flathead earbuds instead if you do not need isolation, they will shit on iems for that.

1 Like

speaking of earbuds, I decided to revisit the Faaeal Iris 2.0 since the first time I used it when I was getting into the hobby, I hated em

I gotta say these things sound great especially for 5 bucks, I’m definitely getting Rikubuds for my bday to see how these bad bois can sound at higher price points

forgot how much these things kick my ear’s ass lmao, im paying the price for losing the foams

1 Like

I do want some decent noise isolation because i will use them for mowing once ish a week. Thanks for your response!

2 Likes

You definitely want iems for that isolation then. Consider TWS iems with their ANC as well, the Sony WF-1000XM3/4/5 for example.

1 Like

I steal the wifes airpod pro2’s for the mowing usually i just like stuff with the noise isolation, so they would work
For that kind of stuff as well.

1 Like

Give the Sony flagship TWS a try. I have the Xm3 and they are fairly similar to the XBA-N3.

1 Like

That 3k peak looks like death to my ears… oof

3 Likes

I just wanted to say I love Aful Explorer. It might be the best iem under 300. >.> That little blue iem has great chill sound and is cozy af. I think I bought 2 to give away for my channel hitting 1k subs, and 1 for work, plus a sample that I got. It … so nice.

8 Likes

No issues with the pressure problems?

No, not at all. Small shell and has good venting. Often times I listen to it during long days like 10 or more hours at a time. It’s one of those items that works very well FR wise for me, and has nice treble.

3 Likes

In coming the Nightjar Acoustic Duality Preorder…

6 Likes

Letshuoer S12 2024 Edition

I cannot remember excactly how the S12 Pro was, just that I found the sound too metallic and not enjoyable. Letshuoers S15 on the other hand was great and same for S08, also the S08 sounded less planar like.

S12 2024 is more toward the planar sound, but very enjoyable to me(not like I remember the S12 Pro)

Beat of all design look dope, and you get some cool accessories :sunglasses::rofl:

Going to soon make a comparison with S08 and S15.

15 Likes

4.4Ω(Switch Down)/2Ω(Switch Up)

… and no sensitivity spec.Looks worse than symphonium. Get ready to set your sources on fire :sob:

I’m sure it sounds incredible though!

2 Likes

I like they put this up because it gives me further confidence they give a s*** about the user experience and thats the general impression I got about their ethos and aims while I was asking questions. “everything quality” as Chang said. So, while the prices are kind of breath taking I’m glad these boutique brands/passionate folks exist to push quality assurance in the industry. P.S. They lent me a FiiO Q7 (3W) to power their gear.

I can say for sure there’s zero BS in this statement. Pretty accurate actually imo.

Just to balance out all the gushing for their brands that impressed me, I really had an instant “NOOO” to titan on the Q7 :see_no_evil:. First thought was - where’s the coherence? and didn’t give it another chance after a minute so really not a fair assessment at all but thought it weird as the set seems to be generally much loved. Need to hear it again, perhaps on a different source but I’m now repeating myself from a previous post so I’ll zip it and get back to the :notes:

5 Likes