IEM discussion thread (Part 2)

2 Likes

Yeah, every reviewer has their preferences and biases, and thatā€™s human. Must be factored into account when watching.

Mark likes bright tuning. Resolve and DMS at Headphones.com are the kings of neutrality. Crinacle likes Harman-ish-to-neutral tuning. Z likes everything ā€“ heā€™s an entertaining shill. Dave The Honest Audiophile has tuning preferences that match mine more often than not. And so on ā€¦

6 Likes

Hello good people)
Does anyone know if there are different versions of Kinda Lava or itā€™s just different measurment rigs from squig guys?

Can somebody discribe how is Lava different from EJ07M?

3 Likes

Yes there are. You have the metal or resin version, then there is the ā€œcorrectā€ tuning it was supposed to have and the retail version.
(afaik.)

3 Likes

Itā€™s a bit of a twisted web at this point. Like @Rikudou_Goku said, there was an intended tuning for the KL (which was the EJ07M with a lift in the midbass and no change to subbass) and the actual production version (lifted midbass but slightly reduced subbass). If you get a normal, production KL (metal or resin), itā€™ll be more like the first graph. There are minute differences between the metal shell and resin versions, and Iā€™m not sure how many people have had one of each type let alone a resin and metal version of all four to side-by-side. There were also a bunch of one-offs where you could order a custom KL with altered tuning (almost always aiming for the original intended bass tuning) but there is probably maybe ~20 of those in existence, especially now that the KL has been discontinued (it was always meant to be limited).

8 Likes

Iā€™ll just say, in an A/B test between KL (with added bass and resin) and DTE900, the conclusion is that KL has almost no bass.
Conclusion: The DTE900 is a bass cannon, but with tremendous bass control.

2 Likes

Thankā€™s a lot guys! EJ07M can be shouty for me, so I was hoping to try warmer version of KL from second market. But as i see thatā€™s almost impossible in my case. Probably correct KL is something like DTE500 which are realy cool imo. But now, looking at this graph, Iā€™m not sure I would like an even warmer set. I would appreciate a bit tamer highs though.

3 Likes

Maybe something like a Symphonium Meteor could fill that hole in your heart?

5 Likes

Oh, thanks again) Thereā€™s no problem, DTE500 are almost perfect for met actually, I just like to try stuff)) I thought about Meteor but those also hard to get at my country. What do you think of their upper highs? Are they annoying? For me SA6 mk2 can be so at times.

1 Like

Ordered me some Doscincos as well. Iā€™m hyped and itā€™s going to be a painful wait for them to arrive :melting_face:

1 Like

Agreed

I have a feeling that the Doscincos will be here before the Shozy Form 1.1 I ordered during the Christmas sale. I ordered them, and donā€™t recall the preorder tag being on them at the time, but when I looked it had this ā€“

ā€œPRE-ORDER PERIOD: FOR ORDERS PLACED DURING Xā€™MAS SALE 2023, IN-STOCKS WILL ONLY ARRIVE IN MID-LATE FEBRUARY 2024.ā€

The Doscincos is my first > $200 set since November of 2022, and will only be my 4th. Isobaric seems like a solid pick and at that price point it was tough to resist ( vs. the Hype sets ).

3 Likes

Actually, you really hit the jackpot wit this, cuz.

Mid-Late Feb = chinese new year holiday :joy:

2 Likes

I figure they will finally be in-stock, but wonā€™t ship until all the other stuff from the sale goes out.

Yeah, you will be delayed by either linsoul themselves having lots of other stuff to send out or/and also delayed by the overall delays casued by the holiday as a whole.

2 Likes

Good visualization here of what an isobaric config in an iem can look like. They key thing is that theyā€™re strapped together with a sealed volume between them, and bam youā€™ve got isobaric bass. No magic here.

(from 64audio)

Also, for those not familiar, ā€œinfinite baffleā€ just means open to the air in this context :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Hmm, hard to say; I never had the SA6 mkII but I did have the SA6 Ultra, and I always found the treble to be well-extended but inoffensive.

Yep, I figure early to mid March will be fun. That also coincides with my wife is going to be visiting family out of state, so I will get some extra listening time.

2 Likes

I own the Hype 2 myself and really enjoy it, big bass but also a little laid back, with good technicalities. I find that Iā€™m just a little treble sensitive too and that set works well for me. I have big hopes for the Doscinco, and I donā€™t think I will ever buy another IEM that doesnā€™t have the so called ā€˜Isoberic DDā€™. I know, kinda silly but it really hits the spot for me with what I like to listen to.

2 Likes

@Ohmboy how does a Offiical Ziigaat Doscinco thread get going??? Thanks manšŸ¤™

1 Like

First time I ordered the Form, the seller refunded my money after three weeks. I ordered again from another shop and got them in a standard ALiX aeon.

1 Like