IEM discussion thread (Part 2)

The main reason why I named my turtle Michelangelo, he’s my favorite Ninja turtle AND artist :sunglasses:

5 Likes

I’m one of those people (1 percenter maybe) who didn’t have a favorite ninja turtle :man_shrugging:t4:

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever watched an episode of TMNT, I was alive at the right time but didn’t grow up with a TV in the house. I know what they look like and there were some books featuring them in the school library. But even so I had a favorite, Donatello! We would read old Robin Hood stories where they used “quarterstaffs” in combat and I was always making them out of branches. So besides the purple being cool, his was my favorite weapon.

6 Likes

That’s fair, I think it either clicked with you as a kid or it didn’t. I used to rewatch the live action movie as a kid over and over again. It was one of my favorites growing up for sure

The Stick is a universal object of male appeal; it transcends all cultures, ages and peoples.

9 Likes

Boys have phallic tendencies from a very early age. We always stay enamored with long, pointy things that can stab

3 Likes

Leonardo all the way but my entire personality is in line with Michelangelo

You’re not alone.

TMNT debuted in 1984, when I was either a freshman or sophomore in college, depending on the time of year. I was a bit old for cartoon turtles and too focused on getting sh*tfaced and chasing tail. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Project M day 2, still sibilant but its only a smidge above what my ears enjoy. It’s no stealth change PR2 sibilant

I’ve never been one to believe in burn-in but I guess this set will be my experimental set as people say it can use a bit of that.

4 Likes

That’s not a knife…now this is a knife

The only thing I know about Galileo is…He’s just a poor boy from a poor family :nerd_face:

9 Likes

I was young enough to watch cartoons in the 90s and defo watched TMNT.

1 Like

7 Likes

Extremely cheap looking 3.5mm cable. The driver config otoh is very intetesting and “not cheap”. Do you have any leaks about MSRP?

1 Like

Exactly, but I mean the use of the names, not the persons themselves. There are many things named after DaVinci, Galileo, books, movies, landmarks, etc. Collaborations may choose names of things that are not so commercial. :wink:

1 Like

Did they just reuse the dark saber shell?

2 Likes

I have really enjoyed most of HBB’s collabs ( I didn’t jump at the pricey ones ). I still like Mele, and would argue that without its success we never get Olina, so Mele is important. I think the OG QKZxHBB was amazing for the money, and did something different. I still think the Olina SE and Kailua are both top 5 under $100.

All of that said, if we skip what Chris is doing, I very much agree. They aren’t really doing anything different or special. Timmy’s Chopin was a step in the right direction. Despite doing a giant pile of collabs, Crin hasn’t done anything that stands out since B2:Dusk. I know that many people like the Truthear x Crin, but the stems are too large for my ears, so I can’t assess them in any way that doesn’t include the phrase “they hurt my ears”.

2 Likes

Let’s not act like 7Hz Zero didn’t move the hobby forward (cause Moondrop couldn’t be assed to put a detachable cable on Chu, for all reasons :man_facepalming:t5:)

5 Likes

5 Likes