IEM discussion thread (Part 2)

That’s some look:
I don’t know if they remind me of:

1. a “this is dance music” CD compilation fron the early 00s
  2. a dolphin around the belly button hippy tattoo that was done by a friend when on acid
  3. a grown millennial wearing an “ironic” wolf howling t-shirt whilst playing a magical card based game
8 Likes

Also kinda remind me of Versace too…

3 Likes

My mind still waking up while sipping coffee saw the name on the Geekwold IEM shells and instantly registered this before my mind refocused a bit… :brain:

Must have more coffee… :coffee:

3 Likes

Are they just stuffing whatever drivers they can think of?

GL with QC and coherency.

4 Likes

Any bets on “custom in house” drivers?

Gamblers GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

5 Likes

Fuck crossovers…
All drivers together now
:joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

iirc, I remember hearing that the GK10 actually WAS crossoverless.

3 Likes

My bleeding ears could have confirmed that for you

4 Likes

Haha mine as well. That was some utter junk.

4 Likes

It was heart shaped faux wood for under €50… I deserve what I got :man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Talking about old shit IEMs - I raise you TRN BA5.

2 Likes

Not as horrible as this piece of a banshee.

3 Likes

This is a masterpiece…

I was going to come back with the Blon A8 but it doesn’t touch this

3 Likes

Heading to NY,Buffalo next week or the week after for a 3 day trip for work. Was in NYC about a year ago but was with my wife and daughter.So….any restaurants or spots I should definitely should check out?

3 Likes

Tracing the graph with his toe!

1 Like

Cafe Gitane is a great French/moroccan cafe I like to go to whenever I’m in town. It’s just east of the Bowery. Good stop on way to Highline or on way to the Whitney from Soho

Highly recommend the baked eggs with merguez sausage

1 Like

Anchor Bar - where Buffalo wings were invented.

Duff’s - didn’t invent wings, but theirs are better than The Anchor Bar.

Any restaurant that serves beef on a weck sandwiches. Thin-sliced roast beef on kimmelweck bread. DELICIOUS.

As for side trips, take the 30-minute drive to Niagara Falls if you’ve never seen it and bring your passport. Niagara Falls, New York, is a shithole. Head over the Rainbow Bridge (great view of Horseshoe Falls) to the Ontario side. Kitschy and touristy, but much cleaner and safer.

The Falls are breathtaking.

6 Likes

Thanks Paul!I should have atleast 5 hours everyday to do whatever. Any audio stores worth checking out?

2 Likes

Appreciate it🤙

3 Likes

I’ve been in the city for a couple days and then I was “outside” of the city and really enjoyed that part. Not a big fan or the city. I’m way more laid back than NY. Weather was blistering,so this will be a nice change

2 Likes