IEM discussion thread (Part 2)

I already tried to forget my wired IEMs by replacing them with Air Pods pro, but… failed. :nerd_face:
So I got up in the morning, poured myself a double coffee, turned on M7 with DTE900 through 4.4 with DUNU hulk pro and smashed my head with Altrae bilis - dynamics and guitars of the highest level, bass to die for, and vocals growl, growl! :nerd_face: :metal:
… and I stopped to think about the money I paid for the above combination…

6 Likes

I’m gonna wait for the newest buds to arrive before buying since I’m in no rush for now but I’d definitely grab pros over FE

This classic from Bon-era AC/DC sounds so damn good on the Kefine Delci, as does most all classic rock!

8 Likes

putting it here since last message on TWS was like a year and I don’t wanna wake up everyone

you guys know a good low latency TWS for casual gaming yet? I like to lay back on my chair but my iem cable is limiting me and I’m trying to bumrush Elden Bing

Not sure but you can take a look at the latency section on the Rtings reviews.

The Sony WF-XM5 has lower latency than the sennheiser momentum 4 and the samsung galaxy buds pro 2 for example.

2 Likes

Thanks homie, I forgot rtings does latency tests lol

3 Likes

I keep hearing good things about the Delci. The tuning always looks like a Z300 with a bit more sub-bass under 100Hz, they don’t diverge much again until above 6k.

without anc

Preamp: -2.6 dB
Filter 1: ON PK Fc 26 Hz Gain -8.1 dB Q 0.600
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 28 Hz Gain 1.7 dB Q 2.000
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 80 Hz Gain -2.8 dB Q 0.400
Filter 4: ON PK Fc 140 Hz Gain 0.8 dB Q 1.300
Filter 5: ON PK Fc 860 Hz Gain 0.2 dB Q 1.700
Filter 6: ON PK Fc 1500 Hz Gain -1.3 dB Q 0.900
Filter 7: ON PK Fc 1900 Hz Gain -2.4 dB Q 1.800
Filter 8: ON PK Fc 3400 Hz Gain 4.4 dB Q 1.300
Filter 9: ON PK Fc 4200 Hz Gain -1.9 dB Q 2.000
Filter 10: ON PK Fc 7600 Hz Gain 0.8 dB Q 0.500
Filter 11: ON PK Fc 9100 Hz Gain -6.0 dB Q 1.200
Filter 12: ON PK Fc 15000 Hz Gain 2.4 dB Q 0.600

with anc (anc slightly boots the bass and upper mids and lower treble so compensated for that)

Preamp: -1.9 dB
Filter 1: ON PK Fc 26 Hz Gain -9.3 dB Q 0.600
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 28 Hz Gain 1.7 dB Q 2.000
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 80 Hz Gain -3.1 dB Q 0.400
Filter 4: ON PK Fc 140 Hz Gain 0.8 dB Q 1.300
Filter 5: ON PK Fc 860 Hz Gain 0.2 dB Q 1.700
Filter 6: ON PK Fc 1500 Hz Gain -1.3 dB Q 0.900
Filter 7: ON PK Fc 1900 Hz Gain -2.4 dB Q 1.800
Filter 8: ON PK Fc 3400 Hz Gain 3.9 dB Q 1.300
Filter 9: ON PK Fc 4200 Hz Gain -1.9 dB Q 2.000
Filter 10: ON PK Fc 7600 Hz Gain 0.4 dB Q 0.500
Filter 11: ON PK Fc 9100 Hz Gain -6.0 dB Q 1.200
Filter 12: ON PK Fc 15000 Hz Gain 2.4 dB Q 0.600

spent alot of time eqing to make the sound as uncolored and transparent and i got this, people who like things vanilla and transparent try the settings if you buy fe. clear mode slightly boosts the 8k region so high volume listening wasn’t an option, and the midrange needed some tweaks.

1-fixed the massive subbass boost, this improves the bass punch and clarity immensely, the overall replay goes from a 1$ no name bud you buy off a dollar store to tonally matching my speakers very well with slightly less resolution for dirt cheap. the bluntness and hazy bass hits are gone and bass hits now can be felt much faster, cleaner, and punchier without compromising clarity of the replay. electronic songs fast hits and slams sound extremely clean reminiscence of the way accurate speakers produce bass without the room resonances and faster songs can actually be heard.
2-fixed the slight shout at 1.5k in in relative to the 3k recession. the shout slightly boosted the lower midrange that give the replay that “computer like” and digital like" effect . they boost this region to get more midrange detail but its not authentic to my ears ( like elysian or qdc or dunu does to their tunings for that sense of fake “detail” and “information” paired with their uncanny treble boosts after upper mid dips)
3- boosted the eargain region that made the replay much more authentic.
4- reduced that 5-8k region slightly by a few dbs, on my ears the boost is more noticeable han on the graphs but the 711 graphs aren’t 100% trusted for how iems sound and react irl inside the real ears. now listening to the buds at 85+db volumes is possible just like my speakers.
5- i left the upper treble mostly untouched, single dds can’t take eq well on this region and things turn grainy, granular and earrape pretty fast if you mess alot with this region.

1 Like

Been investigating :smiley: :man_detective: :mag_right:
Mangird → Xenns → Ziigaat?
Looks like the same factory at least.
Also I was wondering why Xenns didn´t come out with a new release for so “long”

grafik

10 Likes

Mangird rebranded themselves as XENNS iirc.

Shuoer did the same and is now called Letshuoer (inferior name IMO).

8 Likes

The Letshuoer change was because they lost the rights to Shuoer or a domain name or something IIRC. It was a weird reason.

3 Likes

Yeah lol, they at least had a reason for it.

I dont know why Mangird did.

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t know the lore there.

2 Likes

They actually spilled the beans in their “About Us” section explaining the brands the built for ODM/OEM and then went into their mission statement.
Dunu, Kinera, Thie, among others and a few they left out but I know and are bigger.
I sent a mail and suggested that may be T.M.I and that part of the “About Us” was removed
I posted a screenshot in a thread on here just to see if anyone started talking about it?
Not…a…single…person even noticed :laughing:
@Rinderkappajoe Xenns and Mangird are coming from same producers as others mentioned above

7 Likes

I was aware of the Name change from mangird to xenns, they even use both brand names on their products which is Kinda weird…identity crisis? :grin:
Just coincidentally saw the optical similarities and thought ziigaat could be another identity :face_with_spiral_eyes:
Keep the consumers entertained, it’s all about variety (maybe money too lol)

1 Like

Because everyone said “Mangrid”

5 Likes

They should´ve renamed to Mangrid then :smiley:

(and i still dont get the joke/reference lol.)

It’s the fact that almost no one could agree on the pronunciation in videos about their products despite it being spelled out in plain English on literally all of their products. After the Tea dropped, most people just stopped trying to get it right and just said whatever felt best coming out of their mouths. It became a bit of a running gag to just “call it whatever you want”.

1 Like

Hope you guys can see it but I did a thing where I modded one of the filters of my EA500 and sacrifices have to be made on the EA500’s black nozzle in order to give it a shot on my EA1000.

The mod is all thanks to @paulwasabii from his video of the EA1000 review he did (I know I am late.), gave it a try and the sounds as he mentioned from that video have become more open and tamer now, compared when it still has the metal grill on top of the 500 filter.

I might do the 500 mesh mod involving the gold nozzles as suggested by @VIVIDICI_111 from his video as well but I don’t have a clue. Is it removing the gold nozzles’ stock filter and replace it with the 500 mesh? Or maintain the stock filter while installing the 500 filter? Please let me know.

And yeah the sounds from my EA1000 are somewhat fine tuned now, and it’s just using the black nozzles, removing the metal grill and foam inside…

3 Likes