IEM discussion thread (Part 2)

Finally had a demo of the Titan last weekend.

It first reminded me of KBear Rosefinch in terms of bass quantity, sub-bass emphasis are like subwoofers. Of course Titan is way better in terms of bass quality and has weighty mid-bass but does not bleed much. Although at times I feel like bass somehow blurs the vocals a bit due to its emphasis but I guess that is expected for a bass head set.

The set is harder to drive than my Meteors, I had to push to 65-70 on my volume to get to the level that I want. On my Meteors I need 36-40 to get the right volume.

I find it good with hip-hop and other bassy songs but probably wont use it for vocal centric/pop.

I was ready to pull the trigger but somehow Meteors keeps reminding me of how good the treble extension in terms of quantity and quality. Man I briefly tried the Crimsons as well and Meteorā€™s treble still stands out for me. I used the Symphonium house tips to make my demo consistent.

For almost a week now the Titan is living rent free on my head, I just remind myself of Meteorā€™s treble to cope lol.

TLDR, if not for my Meteorā€™s treble addiction I would pull the trigger on the Titan.

7 Likes

Are you and I the same person? LOL I feel the exact same way.

4 Likes

Whenever I do mesh mods to tame the upper midrange and treble, I simply install the mesh screens directly on top of the existing metal dust filters. I installed 4.8mm OD 300 mesh filters from the EA500 DIY tuning kit on my EW200. This mesh density turned the EW200 into my favorite budget IEM. Similarly, I installed 5.0mm OD 300 mesh filters on my EM6L. By taming the upper midrange and treble, the EM6L no longer has a recessed midrange or weak bass.

1 Like

I see that is also an another way to mod them, for I have been doing the usual way with just replacing the whole stock filter with the other filter as a way of modding them. As for my EM6Lā€™s, I donā€™t think I need to mod them for overall I am satisfied with just how it sounds, especially when I have the Dunu S&S tips on it. My only main gripe with the EM6Ls would be the lack of a nozzle lip, for it was ok at first but eventually my S&S tips just falls out from my EM6Ls which is a bummer.

The discontinued Azla SednaEarfitLight eartips grip the best on my EM6L nozzles.

Thatā€™s the thing with Symphonium IEMs man, They are always hard to drive. I have had the pleasure to own Meteors, then listen to Crimson for a good amount of time, and then Titan recently during my trip to CanJam. TBH Titan is the limit of bass that I can take, anything more is too much for me.

Secondly I also mostly listen to Vocal Centric/pop music so, you said it right it is not the right one for me. I like Crimson more, but hate that it takes a nuclear powerhouse to drive her properly.

4 Likes

In the battle of the budget sets I got the TRN Conch today, and it beats most of the under $45 gear. It has nozzles, and the red / atmospheric are really similar to the Simgot EW200, and it has better accessories. The cable even has all three terminations.

8 Likes

Ya the accessories are nuts for what you get. Itā€™s on sale for like $26 rn or something, crazy value

1 Like

Good driver and accessories, but I found the tuning a bit hot in the treble.

1 Like

Wellā€¦I donā€™t think Iā€™ve been bombarded with so many videos and articles in one day for a product since the last iPhone release but stillā€¦ ā€˜albaā€™ peaked my interest. I had hoped another warm tuned DD might turn up with a little less energy between 5-10k compared to Delci, and lo and behold, it manifested. Doesnā€™t appear to be on sale yet but I will hold off for now to see if it is reviewed by other ears Iā€™ve come to trust. With some impressive and competitively priced DD IEMs this year, I hope the quality of the driver is reflected in the price and not just the name.

Dammit, I nearly qualified.

8 Likes

Attended an event today in my city hosted by Final Audio and Headphone zone(a big HiFi audio store in my country). This was a workshop event for Final Audio Make 4 IEM. It was fun, we adjusted the tuning of the set and really loved the experience here.

15 Likes

Love how vibrant the audiophile community is in your area of India. You dudes seem to do something together almost monthly!

5 Likes

haha yes, today we have a big event. Itā€™s like a small version of canjam hosted by Headphone Zone(again, our biggest retailer). In excitement i woke up at 6 AM but the event starts at like 10 lol.

3 Likes

Have you guys noticed the tsunami of Alba reviews? Never seen anything like it. Iā€™ll wait and see if itā€™s still talked about in three months.
Edit: lol missed that it already been mentioned earlier in this thread!

4 Likes

I think thatā€™s because reviewers were sitting on the reviews till meze lifted the embargo. I think Z said he had his set since March, we couldnā€™t even get it on patreon.

3 Likes

Singularity slaps so nasty yet somehow itā€™s so gentle with the overall approach. Phat thicā€™ punchy bass with the palm centered strikes right across your cheek. Right as it strikes it gently glides its fingers across your face leaving you flabbergasted. Did I really just get smack that hard and somehow want another. Is this pleasure or pain and why does it feel so good? Itā€™s so hard but finishes so smooth. Give me more and turn up the volume!! I like it rough and loud!! Smack me harder and I might call Singularity daddy!!

IMG_1585

10 Likes

how does singularity compare to symphonium titan?

1 Like

My Titan has been out on tour since I got the Singularity. Havenā€™t gotten to A/B them yet. Should have it back to me this week.

Going off memory until then this is what I said in my tour group thread.

5 Likes

i have tried both, signularity is bassier and darker sounding as compared to titan. if you ask me I like the titan more. but singularity has its own charm. titanā€™s bass is one of the best bass I have ever heard it is extremely puncy and hard hitting, but singularity is not that far off. titan has more sub bass focused and titan has more mid bass. the mid treble can get harsh on titan so you have tip roll and source roll for optimum sound. the singularity has no such harshness in the treble so you can blast this iem easlity. I found the technical performance to be better on the titan.

2 Likes

i also visited this event. great event. in this event, I got to know the nuances of tuning. how different tuning filter makes a difference to sound. it was a learning experience for me.

2 Likes