IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

this one is fucking with me
clearly the dark souls logo/themed box art, but it doesn’t look like any official collaboration*
it’s also just the t-force yuan li
???

Timeless’s soundstage when driven by a Hybrid tube source is still pretty left and right with maybe a bit outside your head…the only IEM that I’ve heard that gives a true 2D ie left and right and up and down with a tad of 3D ie slight forward and behind is the Z1R…I’m sure there are other sets but I’m guessing they ain’t cheap?

1 Like

I’m going to be content with my IEMs.
I’m going to be content with my IEMs.
God damn it’s hard to be content in this hobby!

4 Likes

laughing so hard, thanks hifigo official discord

2 Likes

If you love music and listening is your thing then do just that…sets don’t make or break that…funny thing is I can still get lost in my music and enjoy my jam on a $50 set for real :+1:

3 Likes

Hiss is not a problem with the Zen DAC, rather an unintended outcome. All very sensitive IEMs hiss with all amp that has too much power (because it was output power set was more intended for headphones).

You hear no hiss with your Qudelix 5k, because it has variable sensitivity through the app, and you can set the output power to whatever you want, more or less.

As such, this is the reason why we created IEMatch. With it, hiss is solved!

4 Likes
4 Likes

Someone wants to trade me their Noble Kaiser Encore & Dita Dream for my modded TH900. Would you guys do it if you were in my position?

No, I have never heard of any if these. And if they were any good, they would create some noise

1 Like

Unless you’re really deadset on either of these models, I’d probably pass; there’s too much good stuff at reasonable prices nowadays. That said, if you wanted to gamble, you could probably “get your money back” by selling them after the fact, but you’d have to find someone looking to buy those specific models.

1 Like

The graphs dont look that good for them.

1 Like

Some rave reviews of CCA CRA! Start to wonder if this was also secretly tuned… Or KZ/CCA have really figured out how to tune! Maybe DQ6 X HBB will use the DD from CRA :wink: @hawaiibadboy

Thinking of getting the Fiio FH9.
Do you feel it is way too much bass oriented?

1 Like

New planar from Shuoer

https://m.es.aliexpress.com/item/1005003720687354.html

1 Like

Is it me or are we getting a lot of planar IEMs lately?

1 Like

A couple of us already bit the bullet on them, the early graph suggests that its very similar in tuning to the 7hz Timeless, although it’s a different driver (14.8mm vs 14.2mm) and a different housing. A rep from @shuoer confirmed that it is indeed a tuning that is essentially the final production version.

@fabiokelm We sure are!

6 Likes

I think the S12 will have better soundstage or holographic presentation than the Timeless. That’s my prediction lol

3 Likes

Hard to tell until we get them, but I’m assuming that it’ll be similar enough to a timeless in a more comfortable form-factor with maybe some additional staging changes due to the larger driver.

1 Like

I’m hopeful, the vent just needs to be as useful as possible, and Shuoer does have a good track record of proper venting :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

If that’s the case, it’s game over. If they manage to do a timeless with ej vodoo magic…

:grimacing:

3 Likes