IEM I Need Advise and Expertise

Hello and good afternoon everyone. My name Rizzoli, my trait I heal the sick body, my Moto Be the Best, Do the Best, and above all help and be helped when in need. Hope that’s a good intro.

I’m about to get into the HiFi IEM’s, always owned pretty mainstream yet good quality headphones, earphones but never gotten pro. I am about to embark on a Journey, and delight and train my ears. I’ve done quite a lot of research. Days, nights, even dreamt about HiFi Heaven!

I am looking 1 IEM to rule them all (as of now, maybe later in life get really Pro like many members in the forums) I want to get serious and start on this Journey.

I’ve narrowed down to 3 contenders. I’d say Solaris, but it’s out of my price range. I will buy used like new condition (save couple of hundred bucks) since I also will buy a DAP, or invest in the Dragonfly Red to use my cellphone and not have two devices. What is your advice on this, I’ve looked into the Pioneer XDP-300R. Or go with the Dragonfly Red and pair it up with my Android phone.

So the contenders I’ve narrowed down are; I’d include the Andromedas Gold but are the same price as Solaris. Looking to spend 700-850 dlls on the IEMs themselves and all three below can be found in this range. Overall 1,000-1, 100 including cable, IEM and DAP or Portable DAC/AMP.

1. Shure SE846
  2. CA Andromeda
  3. CA Jupiter (predecessor to Andromeda)
  4. Open to recommendations. Although the above I’ve read are quite tough hitters.

I listen to all genres, from Classical-Jazz-Lounge-Metal-Rap-Electronic and a bit more but these are the main genres I listen to every day.

I really like bass, I know they are all BA, but I’ve read Shure have great bass, but Andromeda outshine them in all aspects.

In your experience how are the Andromedas, have you tried and experienced the SE846? What could you say in your experience with them.

My plan here is to have one main HiFi solid IEMs coupled with a a DAP or DAC/AMP + Cellphone. I really look after my equipment, so I know the ones I buy will serve me for the years to come.

What would you recommend HiFi Users?

All the best
Dr. Rizzoli

If bass is truly your jam, I would look at other dynamics and hybrids as well. The Thieaudio Clairvoyance and Monarch are both within your price range, and could very well serve you better across multiple genres than the 846, Jupiter and Andros could. As someone who also listens to a lot of different genres, and owned the Jupiter (and still own the V3 OG Andromedas), I feel like Tribrids are the best thing going today, bang for the buck. There are a lot of IEMs that I reach for more often than the Andros, and the EJ07 and Kinera Nanna are both at the top of that list. I would definitely keep looking into your options.

Zeos reviewed the Nanna yesterday. Thought it might be of help.

Crinacle also released impressions of the new Nanna, and preferred the older version.