IEM Recommendation under 1000 Dollars

I listen to all kinds of music. But mostly acoustical, and vocals. Jazz, classic rock, a bit of classical music, and only a tiny bit of electronic. But mostly “serious Audiophile music” haha.

I intend to use the IEMs mainly with an Ifi XDSD. But would be good to be able to power them through my phone

No, no IEM can rival an over ear tbh, in the same way an over ear can’t a good speaker system, but on the flip side phones and iem’s deliver a more intimate sound, which makes for good gaming with some HP’s and good detail retrieval and speed in iem’s bang for buck wise that is.

I run my Andro’s using an iFi Micro iDSD and love what they do, I think they partner well with the Burr Brown chipset, they’re detailed, articulate and truly sparkle on the genres you’ve listed above :+1:

Sorry but I can’t comment on the Blessings as i’ve not had a chance to listen to a set yet :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Thank you for the answer. I’m pretty sure the Andromedas are going to be very very good for me, considering my preferences and gear.

I was just with that little doubt. After all 1000 dollars is a lot of money. That’s why I was thinking about the Blessing. But I think soundstage is very important for me, and it’s worth the extra money.

I heard the Andromedas have some of the best soundstages for IEMs. What was your reaction when you first listened to them? Would you say they are one of the best soundstaging IEMs? Noticeably bigger than it’s competitors?

I’m sorry if I’m bothering you, but I’m really looking forward to this IEM. Because I spend a lot of my time in transport (about 4h a day) and a very good IEM that lets me focus on my music is very important to spend my time well. Haha

No problem I’m a bit busy at work at the mo but if you haven’t then have a read through the official Andro thread on here

Especially the DMS video :+1: plus the thread gives plenty of feed back and thoughts on the set :+1:

I’ll reply more fully when I get home :smiley:

Wireless IEM suggestions any one ?
To use with Phone .(i cant wear the iphone inside box earphones it hurts my ears as soon as i wear)
To listen to music at work .
IP rating would be nice as I work outside (not necessary)
I listen to all kind of music.

Hey buddy maybe start a new thread with your specific requirements :smiley: or maybe have a look here? :+1:

@Poi400i One other curve ball rec for those genres is the Tin P1 they work well iFi source gear, you have enough power on tap to drive them and x-Bass to give the bass a boost if you need it…the only down side for me is their nozzle is very shallow and you need to find a tip that seals well for you, once that’s sorted they’re banging $ +++ :+1:

One other thing is. My ears are very very small. It’s weird actually. Hahaha.

I think the Andromeda will fit well, but the Blessing seems like it’s pretty big.

Also, I will have a chance to try the Andromedas before I buy in a store. I live in Brazil, and I will travel to NYey York City when this pandemic is over. So, I will buy them there. For the Blessing I would have to import from China.

And Brazil import fees are enormous, It would end up arround 550 dollars instead of 320. And the Andromedas I would pay the normal price in a store (arround 1100).

Maybe check the Crinacle TWS guide. It is very useful.

I personally own a WF-1000XM3, it has a pretty good sound, and noice cancelation, but no IP rating.

That’s the main thing with iem’s is a personal fit thing, try before you buy (Canjam/store?) or a good returns policy (iem’s?) No good having a $3k iem if you can’t get a good seal.

Personally I have no fit issues regarding the Andro’s and use spin fit CP 100’s, the set’s form factor isn’t large and anatomically they fit well and quickly. The only issue I had was with their original memory wire cable, eventually I removed the wire and hey presto no more problems lol.

not able to open a new thread…
out of stock… any other recommendations ?
@Poi400i it looks big and also it would be good if i had a neck band or wire.

For TWS, take a look at the Jabra 65t, airpods pro and Galaxy Buds.

For the neckband I don’t really know anything good with that.

damn, when i last checked that it had some regular priced things in top tiers too… now its all live 1500-4000$ things I have never heard of :smiley:

Are these good?

Depends what sound you like, I had 2 generations above the se215, the se425. They were very detailed but my god they were boring

Did you pull the plug on the Andromedas? It sounds like you received alot of good counsel from everyone up there. And based on your listening preferences, I think that you will DEFINITELY enjoy and cherish them.

It costs around 1300$ too much money…

Have you considered used?

I wont get used in my country.

Hmm… FH7s? They might tickle your interest a bit.