IEM Tip Discussion

I am officially done with foam tips. As.much as I was trying to force myself to use them my small ear holes just don’t want to accept them they are uncomfortable for me no matter what I use apparently. Small silicone tips are now my go to.

1 Like

Honestly for most iems I prefer the sound quality of silicone tips anyway

1 Like

I’m the same, my issue is that my canals are not only different sizes, but one is an odd size. So for example my preferred tip to use is spiral dots due to their very granular sizing. My left ear takes a MS and my right takes a M. Foams can make it easier, but they generally apply too much pressure and cause issues for me. So if spirals don’t work for a given IEM I’m basically up a creek. This makes me leary of the Etymotics, but double flange doesn’t hurt so… :frowning: I’m at a loss.

1 Like

looks like you found your tips!

yea, I’ll try to 2xr etys sometime then, can’t hurt to try them for 125$, worst case someone I know is getting more earphones lol.

1 Like

Just got these. They fit my left ear just fine but my right ear is VERY fit picky. I also don’t really like the deep insertion. They change the sound a fair bit. The bass comes up a good amount. The highs don’t seem to be boosted all that much, if any. The thing I don’t like is I think the mids get a bit sucked out. Overall a bit disappointed.

I got some different silicone tips and they fit great and also seem to complete fix the shouty 3k peak of the Shuoer Tape while upping the sub bass. I really like them and would definitely recommend.

1 Like