IEM under 270 that has good vocals and midrange

You dont notice any BA timbre in the B2?

I listened long enough to the Blessing 2 to get a general idea of what it is capable of and its tuning. I did not do an exhaustive critical listening session with it yet.

Crinacle rates the Blessing 2 incredibly high at an A+, (S) for tuning (A) for technicalities and a 3 star benchmark for the price bracket. For 300 bucks, I wanted to hear it just to know how it sounded, and understand why he rates it as he does.

Personally, I prefer the Mangird Tea to the Blessing 2. I like IEMs with a hint of warmth and elevated bass, yet still capable of retaining detail and clarity without sibilance. Stage and imaging are nice to have. From the time I have spent with the Blessing 2, I did not find the timbre to be upsetting, but I did find it to be a bit boring. It is very analytical.

1 Like

it seems like you would enjoy the Dusk version of it more than the one you got right now, no?

Maybe. I have the Thieaudio tribrids so I think it would be redundant for me personally.

yeah, fair point. Either way, at 330 that would make the Dusk a very good value (like the Tea) with a more laid back tuning than the regular Blessing 2. Feels like a winner to me hahahaha

1 Like

Agreed. That’s what happens when you start with a very well tuned and technical IEM and have the most renowned IEM reviewer re-tune it.

Please don’t think I’m talking down about the Blessing 2 because I’m not. I think it is a very good IEM especially if someone wants a true representation of their music with very little elevation anywhere. It is extremely clear and detailed, punching far beyond its price point.

2 Likes

messing around with the graph tool after work and happened to find an interesting one:

don’t know who would be interested but seems like the Dusk is a way to get a pretty good feel for the Oracle’s overall tuning (particularly bass, midrange and lower treble) while Thieaudio tries to get their shit together regarding the “pre order” they still have going on…

I actually skipped on the Oracle because I got a pair of Dusk, and given the similarity in tuning and outright performance of the Dusk, I ended up going with the Excalibur. Still waiting for that one to ship, though (last update was two days ago, “Thank you for waiting, if everything were to proceed smoothly, we may ship it out to you this month. We so are sorry for the delay.”) I ordered on May 15th, so the wait is definitely more than the prescribed 2-3 weeks lol. It’s easier to be patient with the Dusk and my other units on hand, too.

Yeah, that’s why I don’t need the Dusk. Not to mention the peak @8K on the Dusk.

1 Like

Same peak as on the regular B2 though. (just a resonance peak as well.)

1 Like

Just in comparison vs Oracle with no peak.

1 Like

There aren’t a lot of reviews but check out Astell&Kern Diana. I don’t know if they are available anymore but last I checked they were being sold at ~250 USD and at that price or below they are an absolute steal. The vocals on these IEM’s are fantastic, very organic and full bodied.

Personally, I’d avoid the Fiio FH3. The vocals on them were unimpressive. Not a bad IEM but the cost to performance factor is pretty average.

thanks for advice I got the mangrid tea on sale

1 Like

5 Likes

You made a great choice, welcome to the family. Im new here but thanks to @hawaiibadboy videos and @Resolution posts I got the tea some weeks ago and now my urge to upgrade is gone… Until i can afford oracle/clair. Teas are a piece of art :slight_smile:

But now, thanks to @Rikudou_Goku, Im into trying earbuds and cables :joy:

God, I love this new hobby!

3 Likes

Sorry for your wallet. :joy:

1 Like