IEMs are ruining my headphone experience

Slap those puppies on the urbanfun since they have very strong sub bass like OH10 if I’m not mistaken… :wink: Edit:5db rolloff at 20hz so may not be the same level :frowning:

1 Like

What I am worried about is that the “heat-reforming” and “sticky” properties of the Xelastec will lose its effect over time (like foams in a way).

Honestly, I’d drop more for these if they did wear out because the work better on something like the EX800st which is my baby still. Also the Rai Solo too. And 20$ per is not as bad as comply if they last longer etc.

LOL! I’m afraid!

I will say the bass on the Blon doesn’t really sound louder, it sounds clearer and better defined with the XELASTEC tips. The only tuning issue i have with the Blon after the XELASTEC tips is a tiny gripe that the mids could be a tiny bit more boosted to help push vocals a little more forward. Other than that, there honestly is nothing more I could ask for. Everything else is near to perfection to my ears.

I’m sooo happy I have this in my life right now. I know all this sounds silly, but I’m so freaking happy right now I don’t even care about trying the tips on other IEMs.

I’ll note that I went down a rabbit hole last night of my guilty pleasure of 80’s music… Michael Jackson, Madonna etc… and was in heaven. The bass might very well be over the top for my more metal albums I enjoy, but I’m VERY happy with the Blon with these tips so far. The bass IS elevated and I love every second of it.

3 Likes

Silicon’s don’t wear like foamies so should last a year or so if looked after, keep them away from direct sunlight if possible, apart from that enjoy :+1:

1 Like

hahah no problems with sunlight in my mother´s basement :smirk:

3 Likes

I doubled my order last night after hearing them and experiencing their fit.

1 Like

Well I need you to try them on urbanfuns before thursday since I may pick them up, if not I’ll prob double my order too.

OK! I’ll do it right now and after that, I’ve got to get some swimming in. Any music you want me to listen to specifically for you?

I am just curious if they fit the urbanfun at all. My other tips that I wanted to use (spinfits CP145, Final Type E and Sony Hybrid) didnt fit lol.

The Urbanfun nozzles are quite wide. I’ll see what happens.

2 Likes

Maybe just see if the punch is more than the blon and also if you,end up thinking islts cleaner/more detailed. You can use whatever you want, have some fun during testing :smiley:

They fit.

3 Likes

OK… The Urbanfun with the XELASTEC tips is going too far for my comfort. The Urbanfun is already a very detailed IEM where blon is not. The XELASTEC tips are accentuating the detail and bass making the treble a bit much for my ears and the bass is ripping my face off. Never thought I’d say it.

Listening to Big Boi - Kill Jill and my brain is shaking! It is a pretty awesome experience! I think if I eq’d some treble out this could be really fun. Hyper detail. I think the XELASTEC tips increase the stage of the Blon substantially, but don’t have the same effect with the Urbanfun.

Listening to Dua Lipa - Don’t Start Now and the treble doesn’t seem as extreme. Bass is definitely accentuated. I’m loving it! Might be too much detail? It’s a bit much. LOL!

Up next my usual bass test…

Hyper lies… WOW! Love it. Bass is insane. Treble is a bit much.

In general, I don’t know if the XELASTEC tips are a good match for the Urbanfun. I feel the accentuated treble ruins it for me. Bass is crazy but I love that.

2 Likes

If you find a good anatomically fitting IEM then you don’t need to force tips into place, they just fit naturally…I can just throw on my Andro’s with Spin’s… no argy bargy, if I mess with them too much they sound worse lol.

1 Like

The Andromeda is the next IEM on my list. I can pop the Starfield and FH7 into my ears with Spinfits with no fit issues. All the others have issues.

With the Andromeda, I’ve heard people have comfort issues with the angular edges. What’s your take on the comfort?

1 Like

I have not touched any of CA iems because of this fear. The smallest stuff sometimes affects my ears with metal iems.

I’ve got the OG’s with the “sharper” edges and they are super comfy no problems what so ever…probably the best and easiest fitting IEM I have the Spring 1’s are lighter and also a good fit as are the FH7’s but the Andro’s get my :+1: fit and sound wise :grinning:

3 Likes

This has been an awesome conversation guys! I love hearing all these different opinions. Thank you all!

2 Likes

Same, not to keep it from being derailed too much, yea I find myself listening to music at my desk less and more just everywhere else with iems. Their presentation of bass is second only to speakers for me now. Like I dont think I could game in iems, but they are in fact ruining my headphone experience atm LOL…damn you Xelastec tips LOL

2 Likes