IEMs gift for Little Sister

You definitely won life, then!

1 Like

I was tempted to abuse my wallet one more time and order a second cadenza, but I’ll only do that if my sister doesn’t like the TA1 Max.

2 Likes

Cadenza is bomb

2 Likes

Don’t forget to let us know how it all turns out, and if you like the sets too!

3 Likes

I gave my sister the Iris and she was confused on how to wear them lol. She’s never used that classic style of earbuds. She did say that they felt a bit big, but it’s probably from her not being used to wearing earbuds. So far they actually look pretty nice for $10 earbuds, I kinda wanna ask her I can steal her gift and try them out myself lol.
Gonna wait till Christmas to see how she likes the TA1 Max, but I’m sure she’ll love them.

3 Likes

Take a look at how I wear MX500 shell buds.

6 Likes

Update to the Iris, sister didn’t wanna say it at first but she said they hurt in her ears. I decided to test them myself, both with and without the covers. Gotta say that unfortunately I agree with her. I have bigger ears than her (still smallish ears in general) and the earbuds feel like they’re stuffed into the ears. As in I have to basically stretch my ear to put them in right. I wore them exactly like Rikudou showed, my right ear began to hurt after just like a minute of use. Tried moving them around but nothing helped, and angling them to fit better causes the sound to take a hit.

Sadly they suck in comfort for her, and I. Guess our ears just aren’t built for earbuds, or maybe just these specifically, not sure. They sounded not too bad though, especially for $10. It’s nice that you can still hear the outside world with them in, all without them sounding bad or weak. I mean it’s still a $10 earbud, so of course it doesn’t compare to my beloved sets. It’s mainly their fit being poor that’s the problem.

1 Like

FWIW, I wear my buds, including the Iris, with the stem pointing down rather than angled out like Riku is showing in that pic. I don’t know if it will make any difference in the fit for you and your sis as it sounds like the diameter of the face/housing might just be a bit too big for you guys, but I figured I would mention it just in case.

I would say either the QKZ X HBB or the Truthear Hexa, they both sound fantastic and absolutely great value and very solid build quality for the price too.
They would be my top two pics at the moment.

Yeah, sounds like you should avoid earbuds that uses “MX500” shells. Which unfortunately is the most standard and used one out there.

For a small shell, I would recommend the qian39.

That is a very tiny shell and god tier comfort for me.

2 Likes

How did Christmas turn out? Did we do good?!?

4 Likes

It was a quite the success I’d say! She really likes the TA1 Max, she likes their fit and looks a lot. Sound I assume is also fantastic, I’m gonna need to steal them for a day and see for myself lol. Thanks again for the suggestion.

5 Likes

Merry Christmas, Little Sister! :gift: :christmas_tree:

From the way you described her sound and fit preferences, I was thinking unless you got her completely wrong, there was no way she wouldn’t like the TA1s. Glad we got it right :grin:

1 Like

If she’s more likely to like a bullet shape style IEM, tinhifi are probably your best bet…
Their T2 seems to be a very well liked IEM…