IEMs next to my Ikko OH10

Hey guys,

so I am searching for an IEM that I can have next to my Ikko OH10, which are my first IEMs driven by a FiiO BTR3K. Trying to find some IEMs that are less bassy and more focused on vocals and instrumentals, mostly listen to indie when I am not banging bass. My budget is around the 200-300 range, have seen some IEMs like the blessing 2 and TANCHJIM Oxygen or Hana 2021, but do not know if those would be good options. Let me know!

Hana has a lot of bass so not what you’re looking for
7HZ Eternal, Mangird Tea or Tea2 might be what you’re looking for if you can find them used
some budget considerations would be the Tripowin Olina and the Moondrop Aria

also do you mean OH10? OH1 doesn’t seem bassy at all based on graphs

1 Like

Oh yeah, silly me forgot the 0, will change that thanks for noticing.

1 Like

something that might help also

1 Like

Yanyin Aladdin imo

Olina is better than Ikko oh10?

depends what you’re looking for

1 Like

Cleanliness (or at least sharpness), realism (i.e. a natural tonality), soundstage (that feels open or at least immersive) and bass present (fun).

stock olina is a cleaner sound
OH10 has more natural and more fun bass
haven’t tried any olina mods so can’t speak for those
not sure about soundstage been too long since I compared them

In soundstage, details and separations?

I haven’t heard OH10 so I can’t compare it to Olina but I’ve been A/Bing Olina to Tri Starsea and I can give you notes on them because they’re neck and neck:

Starsea has better bass than stock Olina
Olina is a little cleaner in the mid because of that though. Both are really good there though
Olina is brighter (harsher for me) in the upper mid, Starsea is smoother (darker if you don’t prefer that)
I think they’re about the same in treble
Olina is wide and a teeny bit deeper in soundstage than Starsea, Starsea is taller and wide in presentation

2 Likes

NEW OH10S REVEALED! I hope there is some color

PLEASE, DO NOT SCREW UP!!!

(like that…)

3 Likes

I was wondering if that would come up… they have a real hit with the OH10, but boy do they know how to miss.

Who knows maybe it has its crowd, there’s no “wrong” tuning as long as someone enjoys it, but there are unpopular tunings.

1 Like

I mean, you are correct BUT, the change they did was so drastic that they likely turned off their whole audience…it would be like if Moondrop came out with a peaky V-shaped (like old KZ or Fiio) tuned iem…

2 Likes

Just Make it red and drop the price to $129

1 Like

Oh don’t worry, full agreement that it was an unpredictable and likely unpopular move!

1 Like