IEMS under 80 bucks

I mainly listen to pop, hip-pop and lots of rap. I also do some gaming from time to time, mainly fortnite and valorant.

Im considering the Mele’s, Tin T3+, Moondrop Chu, and Aria

From these four I would exclude Chu. It has, for lack of better wording, very soft bass. Pop, hip-pop and rap seems to me the genres that in general benefit from powerful bass, so that is why I would discourage you to choose this IEM.

Also in case of Aria it is important to note that Moondrop changed its tuning in Snow Edition, and it is not all done by the spring tips

If you do not mind stretching your budget to 100 bucks, Tripowin Olina is also an interesting possibility.

1 Like

I wear glasses so headphone are not great

look up the Etymotic ER3XR. they may be a bit more than $80, but should be around that on sale.

$59 right now lol

https://www.adorama.com/etyer3xr.html?emailprice=t

2 Likes

my god…Adorama wants $76 to ship these to me in Canada >.<

2 Likes

there has got to be a way to get them to ship for a reasonable price. that is just absurd.

try calling them on a business day. i’ve had to call them to sort things out a couple times.

I usually just send to my buddy in Florida and then he forwards to me. I ordered the HE-560v4 when they were $200.00. Adorama wanted $83 to send them…used their free shipping to my buddy and he send them up to me for $33.00. might have to see if I can lean on him for these too, LoL!

1 Like

I would suggest some bassy Iems with good mid-bass = the KBear Robin or sub-bass the Fiio JH3. Much better separation, imaging and soundstage than single DD Iems.

1 Like

The Mele and Tin T3+ are both very good, and they really come down to preference. If you like more bass go Mele, the T3+ is very similar but just a bit brighter.

Great advise, and Olina is one of my favorite IEMs. I run mine with two of the stock filters, and it brings the bass up just a little.

I don’t know if it’s due to differences in implementation or sensivity, but I found the double-mesh mod did bring up the bass by a fair amount. I had to Change the tips for brighter ones to keep it acceptable for my taste.

1 Like