Iem's V's Overhead's

I have been looking at the finals but I worry about how far they might stick out of my ear. I just picked up the Meze 12 classics.

stick out of your ear? not an issue. they’re quite thin, so they’re more deep seated than others. fortunately they come with very comfortable moldable rubber / silicon ear loops that don’t wear or chaffe and make for discomfort!

1 Like

Well I may end up picking them up while I wait to win the lotto to get some custom iem’s. What about the 4000 5000 not as good as the 3000?

Etymotic for fit and isolation- if you don’t mind the alien near your brain feeling

Would always prefer a over ear for the scaling effect
if I had to choose 1 for the rest of All times IEM

the E4000 are very good…but you said cheap and most people don’t think anything $100 or higher is ‘cheap’ anymore. they expand on better sound and add the convenience of detachable cables.

at that price point, you should also consider the Etymotic ER2’s. the SR’s are neutral while the XR’s have more bass response.

If I don’t like the Meze 12’s I have these in my cart to buy thanks for the info :smiley:

I have issues with my ears getting hot and sweating on the pads area so prefer IEM’s and have customs (great but expensive) but also have a few other IEMS like the Blon 03, TFZ #3 & 2’s, Tapes, P1’s, KXXS’s and FiiO FH7’s.

Overheads Senns HD25-II, Oppo PM2, Sony WH1000MX3 (for planes) and Thieaudio Phantoms most recently. Cant wear any of these for long but the sound overall (bar the Customs) is better with more separation and dynamics…just cant deal with the sweating - even in AC…I live in Singapore.

I can not use IEM’s for more than 15 min at a time, my ears just can’t handle it. Overheads and open backs work best for me. I can listen for hours with open backs.

1 Like

x2 depending on the season here in England IEM’s for me too :+1:

In my experience you have to spend way more money on an iem to get matching sound quality of a decent pair of headphones. Both have their place, but for listening to music, i prefer headphones over iems.

1 Like

Porta-Pro v’s 03’s pretty similar price point both good imo… I’ve yet to hear a headphone that’s as exciting for it’s price as my P1’s?

I would actually say if you are on a budget, I think the tin t2 can outperform other 50-80 buck headphones, and the blon can do the same. In the low end in pricing I think iems can give you better sound for your money

1 Like

you think they’d beat the Blon B8?

I think that would more come down to preference imo