Iem's V's Overhead's

What do you prefer and why,…entry level and /or high end (no :moneybag:judge here) just an open discussion…Thoughts?

I can’t get into IEM’s, I don’t like the way the seal in the ear canal feels.
I have a set of Blon B03’s and they are fine for what they are, they just don’t do it for me.

2 Likes

I haven’t tried anything over $100, and even then, pretty much everything has all been under $50, so I can’t really say.

Edit: See, now that the topic has changed, i can comment much easier. Personally, I prefer over ears over anything else, though not with a particular preferance of open vs closed back. They are significantly more comfortable, and can give a much wider variety of sound signatures.
As for IEMs, I haven’t found quite the right ear tips for me, though I have found I prefer foams, and can’t use multi-flange.

1 Like

IEM’s can sound nice, but I prefer the airy feel of over ear open back myself. however, I have found there are some over ear closed back that I enjoy as well. they’re not as airy as open back, but don’t feel claustrophobic or like you’re listening in a tube.

I also have difficulties with IEM’s because I have quite small ear canal’s, so finding proper fit is hard…even the thinnest IEM’s like the Final Audio E series I have to use the smallest of tips to be comfortable.

1 Like

Yep we have Porta pro’s V’s Blon 03’s

P1’s V’s LDC1? :muscle::grimacing:

The p1 vs lcd 1 would be an interesting comparison but I don’t think it would be apples to apples imo because the p1 is more aggressive where the LCD 1 is a bit going for a smooth sound

I think about comparison could be the sendy types and the p1, but again the p1 is mid-range focused where the sendy types have a kinda sucked out mid-range

1 Like

Had to edit my response due to the change in what the topic was changed to.

Also I personally prefer headphones because I think they give you a more realistic representation of sound

1 Like

Unlike a speaker set up? …that’s my point, headphones have always tried to replicate a speaker presentation ,iem’s don’t they are what they are?

1 Like

Iems try to create a realistic sound while being inserted in the ear lol. The goal for most is trying to create convincing sound. Headphones do it better than iems imo, and speakers do it better than headphones imo lol. Iems just have to go about a different way of doing it

2 Likes

I own several pairs of iems, and the Andromedas are about the only ones I would put up against my headphones. For me, fit is usually my biggest issue with iems. I can get decent sound, but the Andromedas are the only ones I don’t have to mess with too much to get a decent seal in order for them to sound good. I have to use foam tips for the P1, BL03, and bvgp dm6 to get a good fit, but silicone works on the Andromedas and adds to the comfort for me. All things being equal, if I am at home and more or less stationary, I have headphones on. The iems only go in when I’m out and about or moving around/cooking at home

Yeah iems were really made for portability, isolation, and for accessibility reasons

1 Like

Fit is a make or brake IEM fact!

2 Likes

whats the best fitting iem’s?

A custom one made specifically for your ear lol

2 Likes

Yeah what if i’m broke though what iem’s are good for poor people?

2 Likes

Simples …03’s or?..bring on Tin massive? lol

1 Like

I have older Sennheiser MX 580’s that don’t see much use for multiple reasons.

All the ear-plug type IEMs, I strongly dislike them.
So onear and overhear headphones it is.

Edit: Welp, may just be that I just naver had them plugged into enough power… Is this normal for 16Ohm inears? Feels kinda wrong, sounds kinda good.

look at the Final Audio E series…the E1000, E2000 or E3000. E2000 is considered the best…E3000 has more bass.

1 Like

The E2000 and E3000 are pretty great for the price

1 Like