iFi iDSD Black Label

So I would flash their firmware that disables sleep, as that might be what’s causing the issue? Mine will do the 1 second pause if you are using asio or wasapi and changing sample rates but otherwise it won’t happen

I’m pretty sure it’s not a sleep mode thing from what I’ve read. Although I just noticed they’ve got this fancy new “Gibbs Transient Optimised” filter available in the newest firmware. I never realized ifi was a British company until just now lol (from the spelling). Anyway I will give this exciting new filter a try

How is this compared to bifrost 2 as a standalone dac for RNHP?

I realize it’s more expensive than RNHP, but if I wanted to be able to use it on my desk with my amp and speakers, and also on my couch, is the SQ of the RCA outs comparable to Bifrost 2, or at least better than the SU8 I’m replacing?

Is this powerful enough to run T50rp / Argons on?

Yes it will power the T50rp’s just fine :+1:

Anyone try the signature version yet? The guys at head fi seem to think it’s a dramatic improvement in soundstage, clarity, and treble

2 Likes
2 Likes

TL;DW, its just a more linear BL w/ balanced. Kinda rough for MSRP IMO (probably better off with a used BL), but it is the only product in its super high power use case

Has anyone ever had to open up their micro bl to replace the battery? Any insight on a good replacement battery? Found one that needs repair. It blinks red and blue when on the charger and I don’t think it’s charging the battery anymore.

Battery from the black label.