🔷 iFi iDSD NEO Dac/Amp

This is the official thread for the iFi iDSD NEO

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Supported Bluetooth audio formats are – aptx, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive, aptX LL, LDAC, HWA/LHDC, AAC and SBC
  • DSD512/256/128/64, Octa/Quad/Double/Single-Speed DSD
    DXD (768/705.6/384/352.8kHz), Double/Single-Speed DXD
    PCM (768/705.6/384/352.8/192/176.4/96/88.2/48/44.1kHz)
    MQA
  • Fully Balanced 4.4mm Pentaconn headphone out

:red_circle: https://ifi-audio.com/products/neo-idsd/

[Reviews]

Z Reviews

1 Like

Ooo this looks interesting :eyes:

1 Like

It’s certainly something you won’t mistake for anything else

£699 seems like a fair price too?

1 Like

I hope it comes in black cause that is HIDEOUS!

1 Like

Kinda looks like an oversized DAP with side mounted outs :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I hate those oled screens, they burn very fast.

It’s now available on Amazon. US $699.

2 Likes

Now UK too :+1:

1 Like
3 Likes

I almost bought the Zen Dac just to try and then I was going to get the iDSD Signature series but now I’m definitely waiting for the Neo. I was on the fence until I saw it has 1000mW at 32ohms and that’s plenty for all my headphones, even my Arya should be fine with that.

The design of it reminds me of a satellite set top box rather than a DAC / amp.

4 Likes

iFi like the keep their funnel of Ms. Ugly Universe candidates well primed.

1 Like

I don’t get why everyone thinks it’s so ugly, it looks as good as anything from Topping or SMSL imo. Anyways I could care less how it looks as long as it sounds good and being an iFi product I imagine it’s going to sound quite nice. I’m trying to decide whether I should get the Neo or the new iDSD Signature series.

3 Likes

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s fugly either.

but they can still be wrong. LoL!

It’s been a few days now with the Neo and I think it’s a really good piece of kit. The sound is right up my alley with that smooth Burr Brown touch that gives the headphones more soul and musicality than other dacs and amps I have. The detail is still there along with a nice warm tone and a wider soundstage than my other gear. Even warm headphones sound great and the Neo brings a little extra to the low-end and gives you more of a meaty sound that I really enjoy. I think iFi has a winner with this one and I feel like it would compete with the likes of the DX7 Pro which is around the same price.

3 Likes

Been curious about this one as an all-in-one relative to iFi’s own Pro iDSD, Questyle CMA400i/600i, etc. Looking forward to more thoughts as more folks get ears on it.

Hello,
Which Dacs do you have that you make such positive statements about?
Just to get a feeling for it I ask.
You did not mention that it would be cool if you would add it.