Ifi product info

I never said it was twice as good lol, they are both great units, I just happen to prefer the the black label and picked one up for 400 usd. I would rarely find an audio product that is twice as good as anything else after you get some good stuff lol

Is there an ā€˜absolute truthā€™ in this hobby? lolā€¦The funny thing is iā€™d not use the XBass or 3D stuff just the Dac/Amp and as a Dac out to tubes :+1:

No, Iā€™m just talking about twice as good because it costs about double.

Cheers dude Iā€™m just awaiting delivery of a micro iDSD silver managed to get it for Ā£250 with free postage with all the original cables etc and box as compared to Ā£500+ for the BL version, so it was a no brainer :+1:

Meanwhile I discovered it has no auto-switching between headphones and RCA-outs, it just plays both if you plug both in. :laughing: Pretty stupid for a crowd-designed product but what can ya do. Iā€™ll live with it. Wouldā€™ve liked a manual switch really, maybe in place of that digital filter switch that I never move anyway, but thatā€™s that.

thatā€™s not unusual on the more affordable gear.

She arrived today, totally as described with all the original stuff and box :+1:

The at home silver beast :muscle: and the little BL otgā€¦

2 Likes

The later Black label version has a an output switch :+1:

So how are you liking it so far, and what difference does it make to the p1?

Iā€™ve only just started listeningā€¦for the P1ā€™s I have it set iem match off, bit-perfect, polarity + and normal powerā€¦listening to Led Zeppelin Mothership remastered and the volume is at the 12 oā€™clock positionā€¦

The sound coming from that little box is pretty awesome imho compared to the Nano, it has a lot more authority and weight to the musical presentationā€¦the lows dig deeper (not sub bass level though) without losing any of that fast decay, mids are still P1 stella but seem to have more space not quite so ā€˜insularā€™ if that makes sense? which is what the P1 needed if it needed anything, treble is still fast and taught but with an added touch or warmth, I never had a problem with my original P1 highs sound but listening to this album driven by the Micro itā€™s defo an improvement.
I think itā€™s added a tad of warmth and the best description I can come up with is composure to the P1 itā€™s not castrated it just refined it, polished it and added weight and width to the soundstage.

So iā€™m a well happy bunny and thanks for your guidance and help mate :beers:

I think a pair of S8Fā€™s are on the cards too? :grimacing:

3 Likes

Lies! :open_mouth:
You may be confusing the line-out/preamp switch with a headphones/speakers switch. Or is there some later revision of the BL that Iā€™m not aware of?

1 Like

Yeah my bad seems itā€™s what you said :grimacing:

My bl has the line out pre out switch, still plays audio out of the rca when headphones are plugged in. I donā€™t see it as a flaw but whatevs

Made a difference to how my hd660sā€™s sound too, not a full tube difference but a tad more roundedā€¦iā€™d still drive the 660sā€™s tubed out of choiceā€¦but as MON said the Micro deffo has warm characteristic about it

Thanks again guyā€™s, the best Ā£250, upgrade source ever :+1: x2

2 Likes

Hey all, I found an ifi micro Black label used with all original parts and box for a good price. Is it a worthy upgrade over my XDUUO original w/Burson op amps upgrade? I really enjoy the sound of the XDUUO and have zero issues or complaints w/it and use it exclusively for travel or at the office w/ IEMs only. I would only care for the micro BL if the sound sig would be different and it offers something the XDUUO doesnā€™t. I know a bunch of you have experience with both so Iā€™m asking. No point in throwing away money if itā€™s not going to add something Iā€™m not already getting. Thanks for any input guys!!!
Oh yeahā€¦ @M0N your opinion valued much.

If you donā€™t mind a warmer sound then def yes imo. The micro bl also preforms very well with both iems and hard to drive headphones, extremely versatile

2 Likes

What about the nano?

Hmmm, personally I think the 05 with burson op amps might be on a similar level but the 05 would have more oomph and also be a cleaner sound. The nano compared to the micro is a different beast and the micro is in a different tier of performance imo. Also I think if you were after the warmer sound but not as much as or large as the micro bl, the hip dac might be worth a look imo

2 Likes

Hi Guys! I wanted to drop my new review here of the iFi Pro iCAN, I hope you enjoy it! Big thanks to iFi Audio for the extended demo! Listen with Headphones if possible and watch in 4k if possible.

1 Like