Ifi xDSD with MQA support, DSD, Bluettoth, xBass, balanced

Hi I use my ifi xDSD with original OTG cable from Samsung S8 + with Android app “USB Media Player Pro” with MQA enabled. Tidal Master Quality
Flac + WAV direct from phone and Spotify Premium.

Will link a few reviews.
Use it with different IEMs like Tin Audio T3 and T2 Pro with balanced Fiio cable + Beyerdynamic DT 770/1990 Pro + Sennheiser 660s + 58x

Bluetooth also works very good.
xBass does not bleed in the mids
3D+ works with different songs and headfones sometimes better and sometimes I can’t make out a diffence. It gives you a bit more soundstage and live feeling
The 3.5 is s-balanced. I use an 3.5 TRRS male to 2,5mm TRRS female adapter for my 2.5mm TRRS balanced Sennheiser and IEM cables. But you can use 3,5mm single ended cables in the same port

optical line in from any source is also possible
but from pc/notebook I would prefer usb connection for dsd and mqa Support

batterylife is good for the day.

4 Likes

Headfi

1 Like

1 Like

I use a Peli 1020 Micro case for the Decice and OTG cables for USB C and Micro USB + 3.5mm TRRS male to 2.5mm TRRS female adapter for my balanced MMCX IEM cables or my oidio sound UK balanced Sennheiser cable for my 660/58x

1 Like

I would like a recommendation for balanced cables for my HD25s for use with the xDSD of course! thnx.

1 Like

Take a look at “oidio sound UK”

1 Like

How’s the MQA decoding sound? Does it sound significantly better?

it depends always on the recording and Mastering

At least as good as CD 16/44 or better.
Always way better than Spotify Premium

1 Like

Thank you very much…
I contacted them and waiting their response!

1 Like

I know it’s more popular, but I could never get on board with Spotify. Apple Music And Now Tidal are the streaming services I use.

I will try qobuz in july.
We have 3 weeks holiday- so enough time to compare it to Tidal and my own flac Files.

firmware update on 5.3C brings new “Gibbs Transient optimised digital filter” for “transients like real music”

1 Like